Thursday, June 24, 2010

36 1/2 weeks, less then 2 weeks to go. My doctor's appt's went well yesterday... BP good, baby good, 1 cm dilated. Next week, they are planning to measure baby again. As long as he is still growing and ok for one more week and my BP's hold out, then I will be induced the following Wednesday.

Yesterday was a big day due to having 3 appts spread out over several hours plus my one time Target trip! :) Mom went with me, started at 11 with Fitzpatrick, then to Old Chicago for lunch which was SOOOO disappointing. I have eaten there several times and love it, yesterday, it was AWFUL! Bummer! Don't they know that this is my once a week, out to eat splurge? Then, back to the hospital for a short visit with my girls (AKA co-workers), then to the admitting nurse to sign consents, etc., then to Foster at 3.... then, let the fun begin at Target!!! :) Well, as excited as I was to go, I was "good" and didn't run around like a crazy girl and to be completely honest by the end of one loop around (I didn't even get to look at everything) , my legs and feet were aching.... Boo! I remember that with Emily after sitting for 6 weeks of bedrest, it took a little while to build up stamina, even walking through a store. However, you all know how I am with my lists... aching legs and feet were totally worth getting a few things marked off my list!! :) I even stopped by the snack bar on the way in and got an ICEE and Cherry coke! (Little things get me VERY excited these days!) HA!

Question for you "experienced" mama's:
What were some things you did to make the "transition" of having a new baby easier for the older sibling? Em had never gone to Build-a-bear and doesn't have one so I do have a gift certificate for that "from Eli" and thought one day we could go and let her do that and ride the carosel which she loves! Maybe just the simple fact that I can be up and we can go and do fun things together is enough? Just hoping I can keep up!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Tera said...

I bought Braylee a baby Chou Chou...a baby that talks, sucks on the bottle/paci, etc. I let her open her in the hospital and then would have her take care of her baby while I took care of Brynna. :) I also think the cuddling & watching movies/reading books in our bed after Brynna was asleep helped make her feel special because she was "the big girl who got to stay up late with Mommy." (Now, staying up late for you will be 9:30! hehe) I think Miss Em will do really well with the transition...and if she's having an off day, just send her down to Aunt Tera's for a bit. :) Braylee will entertain her!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

I agree. Em will do great. My advice would be get you, Em and Eli in a routine asap. Get her used to what happens when mommy nurses. Get her a snack and sit down next to her when you nurse Eli. ( love that name) Get her involved with helping like getting diapers, throwing them away, etc Lots of snuggles while baby snoozes. It will be great! :)

Guatmama said...

I know you'll do great. We had a transition at an older age, but still a new sibling in the house. I made sure to make time for Sam to read a book or put together a puzzle. I also included him in all things Joe, picking out his clothes, bathing him, etc, so that he felt like a big brother!

Chelsa said...

I totally agree with just making her feel involved in everything to do with the baby! I let B help me pick out C's clothes, he also loved to pull the wipes out of the box and get diapers. Brookeanne (blogger) sent him a "diaper duty tool belt" it had diapers and his own small wipe case in it. He thought that ws GREAT! You could do something girlish for Em that way (like a purse or something?). I don't know, but I am sure she will do great! I know I was so tired, but B loves to be read to so I tried to make sure we were cuddling/reading/watching a show together. He is older so maybe our transition went smoothly b/c of that, but we've never had any problems. You are a great momma and everything will be fine! Emily and Eli are lucky to have such a caring and sweet momma :)

Krista said...

When Addison was born, I got Sydney a disposable camera and a "big sister" photo album. I had all the pictures she took at the hospital developed and put them in the album. She later shared the album with all of her friends.