I may have previously mentioned my Living Room decorating dilemma (can't remember?).... so a quick re-cap.... when we moved to this house I chose very neutral colors for our LR due to the fact that its not quite so easy to re-paint (tall ceilings). Brown and Khaki-yes much to my husband's delight! :) I, however, need some color! I have tried doing different accent pillows, curtains, etc., but just can't quite seem to get it right.... well, I think I might be onto something....I switched couches (ok so my dad and Aaron did) so I now have the "old" couch upstairs and the "new" couch downstairs. Planning to re-upholster my 2 wing-back chairs (anyone know of someone who re-upholsters?), a few new accessories, gold office curtains now LR curtains and VOILA! See what happens when you look at the same walls for 7 weeks! I believe I am definitely more traditional but don't want the "country" look and as much as I wanted to be "modern", I am just not.
Ok, so you are noticing, I am sure :) that the LR re-do effects at least the office and the basement, I might mention that the Master Bedroom curtains also got taken to be re-used in baby's room... Yes, that's 3 rooms that were "done" ("done" according to my hubby) that are now a little...well....not done!
Where is all of this going, you ask? Well, not sure but I have lots of ideas... I wish that the time I had now I could run around and do all of my projects because when Eli finally gets here, I won't have the time (or the energy.) The last couple of days I have found some DIY blogs that have really got me excited! *don't tell my hubby, please. I might get banned from the computer!* ;) One thing about me and decorating is I HATE to spend money on it so I am loving these DIY projects! You all remember how much I love spray paint!?! Well, these ladies love it even more. They have all kinds of neat ideas! Oh, and let's not forget when watching TV-HGTV is FULL of neat ideas that just get my mind spinning... :)
So let me show you a little sneak peak of one of my current projects (remember, I am limited on what I can get done!) I got this idea from one of these crafty bloggers...
The $49.00 "nest" pottery barn pillow....
The no-cost Mandy Ash "nest" pillow (in progress) plus a few other gathered accessories!
Without painting the office for the 3rd time in one year, I am going with decor that will match the gold already painted...Open to ideas...
Anyone have ideas on my bedroom-struggling there.... Here are pics... looks a little more like a disaster zone then this at the moment....


Have to keep the wall color and the brown duvet, as well as the furniture... so where to go from there?? (BTW-brown curtains are already gone.)Enough rambling about my projects.... off to search for some more fun ideas! :)
7 comments:
you are making me want to do project-- problem though, i don't have a house! hahah!! you will have to come give me ideas when it finally gets donet hough! you are amazing me!
i love to decorate, esp with crafting something or repurposing or thrifting or something. heck i like to decorate with expensive items too... maybe. :)
oh Mandy.. you sound so much like myself!!! DIY and HGTV (although I don't think i've watched any of MY shows for 2 months now!!) but DIY all the way! my only problem... can't finish the products~! my house is in revamp mode now too..the decorating will be next~~ after my floors are RIPPED out!! muaaaaahhh
oh Mandy.. you sound so much like myself!!! DIY and HGTV (although I don't think i've watched any of MY shows for 2 months now!!) but DIY all the way! my only problem... can't finish the products~! my house is in revamp mode now too..the decorating will be next~~ after my floors are RIPPED out!! muaaaaahhh
I'm so behind on blogs...just caught up from your Friday post. Emily is soo cute! Love how she talks about her daddy. :) I was just telling Abby yesterday about how you are sick of staring at the walls in the living room and wanting to move your clock, etc. :) I agree with the "modern" comment...I always see neat modern stuff, but it's just.not.me. when it comes to putting it in my house. I'm definitely a traditional girl. I'm not too great with decorating, but I can't wait to come help you with some of the projects! :)
Mandy,
You sound like me in the winter months. Every time I get a little down time, I start picking at all the little things I want done in my house. It gets expensive too!! Hopefully here in a few weeks you won't sit around and think about it anymore because you will have your hands full with a new litle cutie.
Oh how much I LOVE crafty things and decorating too!! The pillows and accesories you have for your living room look great together....kinda cottage/traditional style:) Post some pics. of your living room when you are done or kinda "done". haha. Can't wait to see them!! I know if I was on bedrest I would probably get too carried with projects.haha.
About suggestions on your bedroom. Maybe you could blow up some pictures that you have taken and put them in frames above your bed (3 in a row or multiple). Wouldn't cost too much and would fill in the wall space. Maybe taller lamps on your nightstands or plant/flower(s) above your armoire?!
Post a Comment