
I was informed by a good friend that my last post was 8/8/10! :) I have wanted to post but my goodness where does the time go?I must admit I have been just trying to keep my head above water here lately, with new baby, dr. appts, new job and life in general! Whew! It's a whirlwind.
Eli is 2 months old already! He is my BIG boy, weighing around 12 pounds. He has started smiling which melts his mommy's heart, it is just the sweetest thing! He loves to watch the fan, lights and be outside where there is so much to see. He has started sleeping one long stretch from about 9:30pm-3:30am which is nice. Most other times he still eats every 3 hours. He is in the transition diapers size 1-2 and really needs to be in 2 but I am trying to use up the remaining 1-2's! I have 2 boxes of 1's to take and exchange for 2's. He is also starting to wear 3-6 months clothes. I am just not used to this. Emily was in newborn stuff forever it seemed and then we last in 0-3 for quite sometime, and diapers I went through several newborn and then we got stuck at size 1 for a while. It is funny how different they are but then how similar they are too. It really is amazing the tiny little details of each of us and how God designs us each in our own unique way.
Yesterday-off to church!
Speaking of God designing us in our own unique way... I must remember as the heavenly Father looks down and sees my Emily-he sees her as PERFECT.... :)
My goodness, Emily and I have not been getting along.... AT ALL! Aaron says we are too much alike, which is probably true. I know a lot of it is adjusting for her-there has been a lot going on. #1 She is really mean to me, just me, well sometimes a little mean to Eli but just enough to get someone's attention. She kicks, hits, screams, bites, etc. at me. I could go on and on the troubles we have had, which really makes me sad. Last night, I hadn't seen her all day and she walked in instead of a hug, I got a bite on the arm. It really is a tough situation. I love her with all of my heart but it really is hard to WANT to spend time with her right now. Is that horrible for a mom to say? #2 potty training is non-existent. not interested. refuses. so we have been wearing pull-ups since Eli came. #3 A positive note: We are getting ready to celebrate Emily's 3rd birthday. 2 weeks from today, she will be 3. So hard to believe! We are just having a small gathering this year with a mermaid party. She is very excited about her birthday party. I believe as long as I have balloons and cupcakes she will be happy! :) #4 a cute story-moments I cherish. About 4 am she has started coming down to my room and wants her mommy (usually she asks for daddy) but I have a "super special stomach ache juice" that cures ANY belly ache! (wish my kids at school would believe in it! HA!) Last night she came and said "Mommy, I have bellyache." So we go to the living room/kitchen. She lays in the recliner while I get the juice. Then she drinks it "all gone" and I carry her back up to her bed with her head on my shoulder... I tuck her back into bed, give her a kiss and she says with a sweet smile, "thanks mom" Moments like these, (especially now) I treasure.
Last Sunday, Aaron and I took Emily to the zoo. Dora was there! HOW EXCITING! :) hehe! Em was so shy once she got up to Dora, but LOVED getting to see her and all the animals. However, her favorite part I am pretty sure was the little cool mist sprinklers! :)

Grandma Patty and Emily 
Saturday morning, we stopped by the Petty's house. Emily and Ty had a great time playing together. They are too funny!
Then, Saturday evening, we went out to eat with Pat, Sue, Matt and Alison. Thought this was cute of Em and her Mamaw Sue and Aunt Al.
So, that's an update on us. I will try to be better about posting pics of my kiddos. :)
5 comments:
I totally understand how you are feeling! Since B has started Kindergarten he has been Mr. Attitude. I am at a loss about what to do about it... but I'm at my wits end! Mostly the attitude is def. towards me. :( Breaks my heart. I will be praying for you and Em.
Mr. Eli is getting SOOOO big! What a cutie patootie!!
Bummer. I am sure its all an ajustment. Her trying to get attention- even if its negative attention. Maybe try making a day just for Emily and Mommy. And talk it up all week that you guys are going to get your nails painted and eat lunch. Who knows. I hate that. But Im loving chubby Eli! Isn't that crazy after how littttle Em was!
Yahoo!!! An update! :) I'm sorry Emily has been such a stinker lately, but I'm sure it's just a phase. She's too sweet to really be mean. ;) Love her little blue dress and she looks so BIG in those pictures! Seriously...had to catch my breath when I read her bday is exactly 2 weeks away because that means Brynna's bday is exactly 2 weeks away too and I'm not ready for my baby to be 4!! Can't believe Eli is 2mo already! Miss you!!
Thinking of you during this time of adjustment for Em! They both look so precious and sweet in the pics you posted!
I know I don't have kids and will admit I am not good at giving "mom" advice. haha. BUT I am sure Emily is just going through a phase! Has she started to get worse since your new job? I know it has to be hard but it sounds like that is her way of getting attention. Hopefully she doesn't stay in that phase long at all. She sure is cute in the pics though and Mr. Eli has some cute chubby cheeks:)
Post a Comment