Thursday, August 5, 2010

New, Busy, Tired!

That pretty much sums it up! NEW baby, NEW job (new babysitter, too) which both are keeping me BUSY and TIRED! :) I could probably throw in OVERWHELMED, STRESSED and did I mention TIRED or maybe a better word, EXHAUSTED!

So, a quick update (since I got in trouble with you T.E.!) :) Ha!
Eli- 4 weeks old, already! He is a CHUNK! We do not know what to do with a fat little baby except pinch his cheeks and thighs! :) He loves to eat and his little rolls prove that. He still eats every 2-3 hours even through the night. Most still say he looks a lot like his daddy and I would have to agree!
Emily-Emily is adjusting still mainly just with mommy/Eli. She seems to get mean only when I am feeding Eli, when she knows I am somewhat "unavailable" and it has just happened over the last 2 weeks. I have been in and out more due to the new job (get to that in a minute) so I guess maybe she senses mommy is going back to work after being home with her 3 months, I am not sure. I have tried to have "snuggle time", "cartoon time" and the other day tried letter and number care bear cards which worked for a little bit. Just give her time I guess, it's a lot for me to handle so I am sure it is very overwhelming for her, too.

She is hilarious at other times though! She loves her "Bible school boat song". Thanks to Denny for the CD, she LOVES it! We listen to it all the time in "the white car" and she knows most of the words. It is so cute to hear her little voice singing! I was able to take her a couple of times to the opening part of VBS at church (back in mid-July) where she got to sing songs and see the puppets and one night even the snake! YUCK!

I can't wait to show you pics of "Emily Fun Day!". Last week, Aaron and I took Emily (and Eli) to Evansville. Emily got to go to Build-a-bear for the first time... Looking forward to introducing to you PINKIE ASH :) and then we went to Gatti town for pizza and games. She had a blast and it was nice to have a day just for Emily!

New babysitter- "Miss Gwen", we love her! She is wonderful. I was/am somewhat worried about how Emily will do, never having a babysitter before (other then grandparents, friends). I am hoping and praying Emily is good for Gwen. Gwen is going to come here to watch the kids 3 or 4 days and then Sue will keep Eli/Emily the other 1-2 days, sometimes just Eli while my dad watches Emily.
New job-Well, if you haven't heard already (or came to my office!) :), I am the new school nurse at BR. I am SOOOO thankful, Teresa (outgoing nurse) has been able to help me out and get me started. It is a lot to learn and I know and will take me a little while to get adjusted and learn the routine but I think I am really going to love it. I got to meet some of the kids today, their little smiles are just so sweet. It really is perfect for me and my family and of course, I love that I am so close to home! As excited as I am about my new job, I am sad too about leaving TWH. I love it there, too and will dearly miss my co-workers. I am planning to stay "prn" and work occasionally, so that will be good. I guess that's normal when one chapter of life ends and another begins to have both sides of emotions.

Of course, you all know I am not good at the "wait" and bedrest was one of the toughest challenges for me. During that "wait" time, it was full of unknowns.... when Eli would come, would he be premature, what job am I going to have, who would watch the kids, how would Emily do with a baby brother, etc.... Lesson learned-trust in God and it all works out according to HIS plan and in HIS timing. After setting up babysitting with Gwen, Eli's arrival, once I found out I would be working at BR-my dad reminded me...

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (New International Version)

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

I do know this and I do trust but I just have troubles with the "HIS" timing not "MY" timing thing! :) After saying that to dad, he replied: "Patience is an attribute God teaches all parents. :) I know :)"

I feel very blessed and even though I am exhausted and overwhelmed, I count my blessings.

Unfortunately at this time I haven't had a chance to upload pics... however, I will do my very best to get that done and get some pics up of my little guy and of course, Miss Emily as well! :) However, I am off to get a few more things done before catching a couple hours of zzzz's! :)

Photobucket

9 comments:

Sonya said...

It was so good to see you today! And I am positive you will do a wonderful job at BR:) The kids are lucky to have you. Good Luck!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Wow. How cool is that? I always said that would be an awesome job once my kiddos were in school. I didn't know that you would concider leaving deac. but it totally works for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!

Krista said...

I empathize with you girl! If we could ever find time in our schedules, I'd love to get together. The girls would love to play with Emily.

Chelsa said...

so i got your email and emailed you back before i read this post- which pretty much answered all my questions haha!

Tonya said...

It was great to read your update. We were wondering how things were going! Eli is simply adorable.

Ashley said...

I didn't know that you were going to be the new school nurse. That is GREAT!!! The hours will be great....and NO holidays! Woo hoo!! I would do the same as you though and stay prn at your other job....just to keep up with your skills. Good luck!!

Susie said...

Super Excited to hear you are the new school nurse!! YAY for us! We tried to stop by and say hi to you yesterday but there was a waiting line and since we didn't have any health issues to discuss with you we didn't want to bother you. Hope you have a great transition into being the school nurse! You'll be awesome and a blessing to Barr-Reeve! God is good.

Tera said...

I'm so happy you are at BR too...just sad that we won't be able to get together during the week as much now! ;) I hear you on the "His" plan vs. "My" plan and unfortunately for you...you are the one who usually gets to listen to me!! lol. Give Gwen my number if you want in case she needs an extra hand sometime. :)