Really would LOVE to have a "normal" labor/delivery/baby go home with us at 48 hours, but I am telling ya-this mama is getting CRAZY on bed rest! Appt. went well yesterday, everything staying consistently the same which is good news. I am a little apprehensive about the week to come due to my history with Em. I went from doing well (BP), to starting to run a little high to running VERY high (189/116) and delivered a baby at 36 weeks, all within the week. Thankfully, no one seems to anticipate that occuring again.... I am happy that next week I will see my doctor on Monday (who has been on maternity leave) and then the specialist on Thursday (who was on vacation this week.)So lets discuss dates! :) Like I have any control! We were joking about when baby was going to come at my parents house the other night. You see June happens to be a very busy month in our families....
June 17-my mom and dad celebrate their anniversary
June 18- Aaron and I celebrate our 5th anniversary, which I sort of always thought we would take a nice vacation, just the 2 of us..... does the Women's Hospital to have a baby count?? :)
Our "Love Story" I have told before.... http://mandyash.blogspot.com/2008/06/our-love-story.html.
June 19- Pat and Sue celebrate their anniversary
June 20- this year is Father's Day
June 29-Aaron's 29th birthday
Dad joked about what day would work best for him, based on his work schedule... Aaron feels like weekends work best for him... Luckily, my mom said she could be there for me anytime! :) Thank goodness for MOMS!
July 4 is a Sunday and I will be 38 weeks....
Anyone want to guess my little man's birthday?
My little Miss Emily, a stubborn, strong-willed and smart little thing... I understand me being on bed rest, someone always being around to help, totally out of the "routine" of things is hard on a 2 1/2 year old.... Tuesday was the first full day I have had her by myself, usually I only have her an hour or two here and there and have helpers in her "busiest" time of day. Well, the morning went well, a little sidewalk chalk, singing songs on the CD player, watched some cartoons, picnic lunch on the back porch... and then there was naptime. Earlier that morning, she asked me individually and even at different times "where papa, where brittany, where daddy, where grandma, where mamaw", all were at work or in Evansville.... she also knows that mommy can't pick her up or be up very much which limits what I can do with her.... so, a nap was not at all in her plans! After the 3rd time out of my bed, I took her up stairs to her bed.... after she LOCKED herself in her room (first time she has done this) and started jumping around on her bed and having a blast, I called my dad who thankfully got out of work at noon. I finally got her to open the door and then Papa came in for the rescue.... I text Aaron and he said, "probably something your dad has dealt with before" and I told dad that, he said, "yep, about 24 years ago... " I am sure I never acted like that!! :)
Thankfully, most days she is being entertained and playing hard and naptime isn't always such a fight, sometimes it is even EASY! :)
I know having a me on bed rest, then having a new baby is a lot for her... her and the potty situation is enough to make my blood pressure go up though! She was doing great, then not so great, then great, now not so great, she refuses to poop in the potty and now is even being stubborn about peeing in the potty and will not tell anyone she has to pee anymore. I know she knows how and I think its just her reaction to the surrounding situation but man oh man, it is frustrating! Any ideas? Just keep encouraging her and let her get back into a routine/adjusted to new baby? On the flip side of things she seems to be very excited about "baby brother" and talks about holding him, etc. Of course, most of the time she is her spunky, happy little self and says "I happy!" The ups and downs of parenting and she is only 2 1/2!!! :)Alison and Matt took Emily with them to Lanie's. Em says "I love my new turtle shirt" and posed for a quick picture!
You may have seen our new wheels... We bought a new vehicle so that Aaron and I both had vehichles that would fit 2 car seats. Emily likes our "new white car" because it has a "DVD player like Abby/Emma and watch mad-gas-car" :) I will have to take a pic and post it... it is a white Durango.Well, enough rambling from me for now... Enjoy the day!
3 comments:
glad you are still doing well!
lil' emily is adorable! i'd def. say her potty issues have to do w/ her world being so out of whack right now. i bet when baby brother gets here and ya'll get in a routine she will do fine again!!
congrats on the new vehicle- loved what em had to say about it :)
Thinking of you often Mandy...I've never been on bed rest, but I'm sure it is hard. Hang in there...your a great person and a great momma! I do however feel your frustration with a spunky 2 1/2 year old. I have been there and know how trying it can be. I don't have any suggestions really, but take one day at a time...So excited about your new ride!!
Only 24 more days! haha. Using your countdown:) I am going to guess your little man's birthday will be sometime in June....a little early! Maybe June 18 or 21?! I guess we will find out in a couple weeks. Yay! Hang in there and glad you have had such great help!!!
Post a Comment