Thursday, April 8, 2010

Nesting...

What a treat-3 posts in one day and the day isn't over! Ha!! It's really that I am just that far behind... due partly to being very busy around here. Not sure if its spring fever (I do love organizing!) or that I am nesting but either way, I have been busy around the house.

While pulling weeds, organizing this and that, washing down walls, etc., my number one priority and most exciting is getting Emily's room and the baby room done. I will have to take pictures of Emily's room (can't tonight-one more thing to do!). However, here is a peak at baby's room! New carpet came for both rooms yesterday...
The before...And Now... still some work to do... I wanted to do an "All American boy" theme-red wagons, teddy bears, a touch of sports, anything boy with muted red, white and blue then I found this bedding which was perfect!! Even more perfect-it was on clearance!! :) Baby update: So, my nesting is probably kicking in due to the fact that at 30 weeks with Emily I was put on bedrest... I am almost 26 weeks. Although I am hoping that doesn't happen-I really wanted to get his room done and be able to participate in decorating and preparing for him. With Emily-I had the bedding picked out but really didn't get to help put the room together-which I love doing.
So, Monday I had an appt. Dr. Foster started off with general chatting like usual-she has a 2 year old as well so we were talking about them and Easter/hunting eggs.... then she says, "Mandy, how do you feel in comparison to your last pregnancy?" Well, I knew she was talking about size of belly/baby and I reply, "not that different". She measures and listens to baby's heartbeat.... while she is thinking. I say, "measuring small?" I actually was measuring ok, but she just very honestly says, "you make me nervous.". I laugh and say, "I'm glad you can be honest with me!" That is the good thing about working with each other and having a good relationship both nurse/doctor which helps the patient/doctor relationship too. So, she sends me for an ultrasound due to the severe growth restriction history and just that fact that I am about the same size/same weight gain with this baby as last. Baby is measuring fine, but small. Around the 30% and weighs 1lb. 10 oz. (Complete rambling about to occur) I came home and looked in Emily's book and found she was almost the same at this stage weighing 1lb. 8 oz. Knowing the comparison makes me a little apprehensive as to what the next 3-4 weeks will bring. By 28 weeks with Emily, I was measuring small, had an ultrasound at 29 weeks where she had dropped below the 5% and was put on bedrest shortly after that only to develop pre-eclamsia and deliver early at 36 weeks to a 4lb. 5 oz baby who stayed a week in NICU and came home weighing 4lb. 1oz. BTW-Dr. Foster happens to be pregnant as well and will probably deliver in 3-4 weeks and while I completely am comfortable and know I will be taken care of by Dr. H, there is just some nervous-ness knowing he doesn't know my history like Foster does.... Oh, and one more thing-I am planning to go on the class trip at the end of the month, my next appt. happens to be the day before the trip... am I going to get to go or am I not? SO, there are my thoughts, they just keep running through my head! :) I would love for you all to continue to pray for a healthy baby boy...
More nesting/spring fever/cleaning details:
So, Emily and I have been going through toys-pulling out baby friendly toys and books... organizing the upstairs bath and making it a little more boy-ish instead of all girl! I got these cute little beach/surfing monkey pics for their bath-one girl, one boy. Just a few more little jobs in each room in order to get the upstairs completed...
I got the basement clean today and playroom picked up. I would like to get the playroom painted but without much ventilation I am either going to have to wait or delegate! :) I bought cute Mickey Mouse clubhouse posters, there is a little area for dress up called "Minnie's Boutique", a kitchen, an art center complete with, well will be complete with a Mickey Mouse chalkboard (wall chalkboard paint-very neat!) lots of fun for boys and girls!! :)
I even froze a baked spaghetti for future meals tonight... never know when that might come in handy!
Many of you reading-(especially you-mom/dad!) are thinking I am doing too much... However, I am resting when I need to rest! :) Since knowing the weight percentage of baby-I have taken it easier this week, I PROMISE!
So, if anyone is looking for something to do-come on over. My list seems to be a mile long! :)
Cute Emily story:
Today, Emily and I were in the basement/playroom and I hear "WELCOME, to the sticker show!" So, at the sticker show, Emily, the host, plays stickers with her guest-in this case, Mommy! Too funny the way she said, "WELCOME, to the sticker show!"

BTW-many of you commented on the dinosaurs-yes, Emily LOVES Dinosaur Train on PBS and your welcome Courtney-nothing like our sweet little girls loving dinosaurs, right! :)

So, now that you all are bored to death, my blog is also on my list to get done-so be looking for even more updates-hopefully soon to come! Probably not today-not sure you could stand the excitement of 4 posts in one day! HAHA!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Guatmama said...

Might just have to call that mom of your and tackle that painting that needs done! We've been shown to work well together before!

Chelsa said...

I've been praying for you and baby boy a lot and I will continue to do so! thanks for the comment about the church sign- it's funny to me how loudly God speaks to us at times!

his room looks adorable!

Tera said...

Girl- you have been doing a lot!! Love the way the painting turned out in baby's room. I'll be over to help paint the playroom when we both have a day off together. BTW, my sister told me she loves her vacuum...guess what it is? Eureka. :) I'm going to look for one this weekend. Praying for you and baby!!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

You're a busy chick. Hopefully that will keep things off your mind. We'll keep praying for you and your family!

Ashley said...

You said your list is a mile long...but you must have put a big dent in it with all that you have been doing! You go...and I know you have been taking it easy too. You know what is best:)

The room looks great! I know when I was at your house a while back I noticed you have the same taste in things that I do:)

I will keep praying for you and baby. I can see why you are trying to get things done b/c everything seems so close between emily and baby boy. I hope you don't have to go on bedrest....BUT whatever is best for baby!

Brittany said...

Mandy,
Hope that little guy stays put for a LONG healthy time!! The baby's room is looking great. I have to come see it and Em's big girl room in person really soon.

cmccain said...

The room looks great. Glad you are getting things done. I think we have opposite ends of the spectrum babies, my little guy was 3lbs at 28 weeks! I will be thinking of you and your little guy. Its great that they are keeping such a close eye on him.