But #2-Decorating! Anyone addicted to decorating? I only say I am addicted bc I took a "Are you addicted to decorating?" quiz and it totally said I was.... So, my wonderful hubby who also happens to be a MATH teacher-you know a little dull and boring (ha-going to get in trouble for that!) loves any shade of khaki. Yep-you better believe it... KHAKI!
Well, like any good wife :)- I have always been willing to compromise... Last house-one red wall, the rest-you guessed it-KHAKI. This house-well, I have picked fairly neutral colors (except for a few rooms-Emily's room, purple bathroom although it happens to be the color "Ash violet") and planned to accessorize with pops of colors depending on seasons. Well, the all khaki and brown living room is getting to me, people! Curtains were still on my to do list-but what color? Thought about going orange, but probably a little too bold for my khaki-loving husband. So, I went with a nice, neutral green. Hmmm.... still too boring? What if I paint the TV wall-thought about neutral stripes-that got voted out. What about a color? Maybe I just need some wall art. What I like seems to be expensive!
What about the master bedroom-brown and blue-feels a little dark. Maybe paint the walls, leaving one blue? Maybe add in orange! New curtains, new blinds? Need some wall art?
Then, there is this thought.... I like the "contemporary traditional" style-I might have made that up but I like traditional but a little more modern feel, but not too modern. So, is my house starting to look to "country"?
Yes, the "want to do" house list is forever long and many things will not be done for years and years to come, but when a girl is limited to what she can do without the help from others-the mind starts spinning! As you can see-that's not good! :)
BTW- have you seen the zebra rug with black, white and red accents at Wal-Mart? Yes, I L.O.V.E. IT! Definitely more modern then what I typically go with-would love my basement to be red, black and white-very modern. Could also have a sports memorabilia area for Aaron... but then there are small problems, #1 I would have to re-paint everything and #2 my furniture does not match at all-its more country.
So, any thoughts? What about you, are you addicted to decorating!?
8 comments:
oh-so-addicted! seriously. i am constantly wondering what i can paint or repurpose? maybe i could go to find this or that? what? my husband kinda goes along with it. poor guy. after reading this i realized i need to finish ayla's room and move on to the next project...
I am totally addicted to decorating too!! I always have things that I want to change or do...BUT I have to limit myself. haha. Hubby wouldn't like me changing things every year;) I like the comtemporary/traditional style also.
For the living room you could always add a pop of color with new "brighter" pillows or tie it in with a rug. Or maybe put another layer of curtains with your already green curtains?! And you said your basement furniture is country. Well you could always put slip covors over the sofa(s)!! Just some ideas that I would think of:) Good luck!!!
Thankfully, my hubby didn't say much about all the colors I chose for our house. :) I should have asked Aaron if my house is too overwhelming for him. lol. I think your home is beautiful, but I understand getting bored with things. My SIL is always changing things up in her house. Me...I usually spend money on things other than for the house, but I'd love to switch things up a bit from time to time. Funny...I've always imagined our basement being done in red and black too. :)
oh Mandy.. I don't know when to quite.... my problem is i dont FINISH one room before I have big plans for the next.. and I have ALLL these ideas in my head that I dont do! Ugh.. if only I was made of money right!
Ryan calls me the "project wife" b/c I ALWAYS have some project that I want to do with the house... I'm excited for the new house and starting fresh! Hopefully, I will like everything at one time for once! hahah!
Hilarious! I can just picture you sitting there rambling these exact words to yourself and then you get all worked up and go in to your "higher pitch" just before you throw your hands in the hair in some sort of frustration! Sounds like this is a case for Tara and Momma Susie to come over and work out. BTW Your style is mostly country with a few touches of modern (your stick art and the living room furniture) and there isn't anything wrong with that. The outside of your house matches that look.
Call me, I'd love to brainstorm and spend 'your' money on finding you just what you're looking for!
I have saw the zebra rug! lol I love it...I wanted to change my living room to match hahaha! But like your hubby, mine is to a khaki lovin guy =)
Hey Mandy! This type of debate is just starting for me. Matt and I have begun to look at what we might register for and how we would want to decorate the new house we will be moving in to. Didn't realize that someone might not like the same things I like :) I think Matt is a khaki and brown guy too. Also, I think we may have similar styles, although, I prefer to call it "vintage modern." Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment