Friday, February 26, 2010

Funny moment and news!

My sweet little girl is really into.... DINOSAURS! She can tell you the names of so many dinosaurs... and asks everyone what their favorite dino is. Last night, Aaron was tucking her into bed and she was reviewing her dino knowledge (which takes a while, because she knows a lot about dino's plus she watches Dinosaur Train on PBS so she has stories to go with the appropriate species!) Anyway, she says, very seriously, "I, I don't have tail like ankylosauraus, I have butt!" Aaron just died laughing and of course, so did I.... She is so funny! I guess it's good she isn't a real girly, girl since she is going to have a .... (drum roll, please)

BABY BROTHER!!
Yes, it's official! We are having a little boy! I actually found out the Friday before Valentine's day and told Aaron the next evening. Here is how I told Aaron about his little boy!
We "officially" found out yesterday that yes, indeed it is a boy! I had my appt. with the specialist. Everything is looking good. I have been taking an aspirin daily since the beginning of my pregnancy. He helped explain the reasoning yesterday.... Hopefully the aspirin will keep my blood pressure better controlled which is probably the cause of the growth restriction I had with Emily. It is all just a wait and see game, of course but hopefully with close monitoring and aspirin, things will go a little more smoothly this time. He is going to see me again at 30 weeks (which is when I got put on bedrest with Em) to check baby's growth and go from there. So until then, we just keep praying for a healthy baby boy!! :)

20 weeks down this Sunday, 20 or less to go!!

I have some ultrasound pics to share but haven't had time to scan them in yet. I will be sure to share them soon. Unfortunately, I have to work all weekend so I won't get them done in the next couple of days.

Loving the sunshine today!! Looking forward to Spring..... Class trip to New York/DC, and house projects including baby's room plus just nicer, warmer weather-going to the park, planting flowers, enjoying our backyard, grilled out hot dogs, garden strawberries, can you tell I am SOOOOOO ready for SPRING!! :)

Photobucket

7 comments:

Chelsa said...

yayyy! so excited for you! i've been praying for you and baby a lot since we talked at the hosp. i know how hard it is to worry about your baby! he had me take aspirin too and they think that is prob. what helped me to stay healthy for as long as i did this time around.

Susie said...

Congratulations!!! I LOVE your announcement such a cute and creative idea! Praying all goes well with your new recruit at Ash University and that Miss Emily will do well in Big Sister 101! hee hee...Blessings to you all!

Anonymous said...

so exciting Mandy! fun time to come! love the announcement!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

So cute Mandy. I had a feeling it was a boy. How fun foryou guys :) Congrats. Im sure Aaron is so excited, too.

Ashley said...

How exciting to be having a boy! I bet daddy will teach him all the sports:) I didn't know you had to be on bedrest with Emily...I hope you don't have to this time.

Tera said...

You told me you made him a card, but you didn't tell me how cute it is!! :) I'll have to tell Alex about it. I can't believe you are already 20 weeks! Let me know when you start on baby's room and I'll come help!

JessGraceIz said...

How exciting that you are adding a little boy into the mix. Emily is going to be a great big sis.