We (the basketball team) are going to STATE FINALS this weekend! Aaron has been busy getting spoiled with all the delicious meals, practicing at Conseco and even shook the hand of Larry Bird! Good luck to both the Vikings and the Hatchets!
Miss Emily has been fighting off a cold for a while now... and getting in her molars. It's been a rough couple of weeks with all of that but I was thrilled that she was able to tolerate a cold. Last year at this time we were at the hospital for the 2nd time with a cold that turned to pneumonia which flared her asthma up.... Sunday night she didn't sleep, Monday night she didn't sleep much and woke up at 1ish. She always wants her daddy so he was trying to get her calmed down.... and then I heard, "Mandy" :)... Well, she had fever and could not settle down to rest. Then, she started wheezing. So, finally about 5:30 in the morning we got her to fall back asleep and when she woke up at 9:00, we started in with breathing treatments. She looked miserable, poor girl! I took her to the doctor, praying no pneumonia.... instead double ear infections, one just barely starting, sinus infection which was triggering the asthma. So, back home we came (thank goodness!) and she is doing much better. Loading her up with antibiotics, breathing treatments and thankfully she hasn't had fever in over 24 hours so Tylenol and Motrin just for comfort when needed! Yesterday, she was back to feeling like her spunky self... playing dress up and so forth. She put underwear on her head and just thought she was hilarious!! :)
Cute story- well, yesterday after a very busy week and no sleep at night, I finally hit my wall and needed a 20 minute power nap... but guess who didn't want to take a nap! So, a few tears started flowing and Emily says, "Mommy, what's wrong?", I say, "mommy is just really tired and wants to take a nap", Emily replies, "Mommy, don't worry, don't worry, mom!". Last night, Aaron hurt his toe and she told him, "Daddy, don't worry!" It's the cutest thing!
We have started working on baby's room.... my mom came and painted the trim. We have the paint, and carpet is coming soon for both baby and Emily's room. Emily's room was supposed to be part of her birthday present.... well, I JUST got it done, well, almost done. I have a few little things to do. I will have to post pics. I think it turned out really cute! As far as baby goes, he is doing well. I will be 24 weeks this weekend. Seems like it is going fast. I have started buying some clothes for baby! That is so much fun. Everything seems sooo little!
Well, that is a quick update on what's going on with us now. Hopefully, soon I can get caught up and share lots of pictures!!
4 comments:
aww poor em :( glad to hear she is feeling better! brycen's allergies/sinuses have been acting up and making his asthma worse lately too- not any fun!
can't wait to see pics of her room either!
glad you and the lil' man are doing well!
Poor Em! I'm glad she is feeling better in time for the big game on Saturday! Next time you need a power nap, you be sure to call me!! I'll come get Em for a little play date.
I am glad you are all doing good now!! Can't wait to see Emily's room!
Glad Emily is feeling better and NO hospital visits! Can't wait to see pics. of the rooms...so much fun! Hope you can start getting some naps in or more time to sleep. That feeling from lack of sleep just makes you feel blah.
Post a Comment