Thursday, February 11, 2010

A BIG week for my BIG girl!!

The snow has not stopped Em and I this week... we have been busy!

Emily celebrated her BIG GIRL party from Pinkie Pie last night. She has done so well without dapi and totally bought into the big girl party!! Hmmm... well, until after the party. For some reason, she made it 4 days without worries about her dapi, then the party was over and all of a sudden when getting ready for bed, "hey, I missing my dapi!". Maybe the party just made it official, not sure how that works in a 2 year old's mind. She did ok though and is currently taking a nap, so I think life will go on without dapi!! :) Here are some pics from her big girl party...Tuesday evening, Emily started gymnastics. She had a lot of fun. Of course, I am not at all an expert, ok, really I know very, very little about gymnastics but I think Emily did well for her first night. She really liked the balance beam and of course, the trampoline. When we got home that evening she did a forward flip for Aaron and today was walking on my curtain rod (getting ready to hang it up) like a balance beam. Looking forward to seeing what all she learns as the weeks go by. Something fun for her to do with some of her friends.
Wednesday, Em and I went to Amber Jo's to get our hair cut. It was Emily's very FIRST ever haircut. She did really well. She kept saying "mommy, mommy, mommy" but sat still. Once Amanda put some curls in Emily's hair, Emily looked in the mirror and got excited saying "Mommy, I like you now!" She got a ribbon and some candy and her hair looked SOOOO pretty! Emily was too cute, when we were leaving she said, "tank you, manda!"Following our haircut appt., we went to playgroup. We all celebrated Valentine's day by decorating cookies and cupcakes! Emily was more interested in licking all of her icing off, then decorating but oh well, I think she had fun anyway. It was a big group. We attempted to get group pictures of the kids, but that didn't work so well! Emily "made" her friends a little Valentine gift, a cookie with a label on the bag that said, "A special tweet for sweet little you", a cute little bird with heart wings decorated the label.That is all about my big girl's big week, really just a couple of days!!

Emily thought it would be easier to go to sleep with her "sheeps" since she wasn't able to have dapi... so we added 4 sheep to her bedtime friend collection. Now, we have to sing 1. Mary had a little lamb for "Little Lamb", 2. Baa, Baa White, 3. Black, 4. Pink Sheep have you any wool. She is quite cute singing them. I have tried to catch her on video but of course,she won't sing while the video camera is out.

Well, that's an update on Miss Emily! Hope you all are staying warm-its good to see the sun shining today!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Aren't kids the funniest! ha. Id love to hear her singing. Ayla does it every once in awhile and its just ridiculously sweet. And not so on key!

Tera said...

What a big girl, Em! :) Mandy- you look so much like your mom in that picture at the beauty shop! Love the big bow too!

Ashley said...

Emily is so sweet! I can't believe that was her first haircut...looked way cute though! Every update Emily is doing something new. Mommy can you handle this?! I would be a little sad if I was you but at the same time still happy:)