Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Covered Bridge

My mom and I went to the Covered Bridge Festival yesterday. Emily has had a cold and with her history/asthma, she stayed home with Mamaw Sue and Papaw instead of venturing out.

Mom and I have gone every year since Aaron and I were married (except 2 years ago, when Emily was just a newborn). We love it. It is usually a nice laid back relaxing day. We always go to Bridgeton, I get Grandma's Chicken n noodles, mom gets BBQ and we sit right by the bridge/water for lunch. Stroll through all the booths. Take time to think about things, where we could put things, etc. ---------NOT THIS YEAR! This year we decided to go to both Mansfield and Bridgeton. We were power walking, grabbed a bite to eat here and there, either loved it and knew right where to use it so we bought or kept walking. It was a fun day, but we were both exhausted when we got home!

Mom and I don't get a chance to spend the day just the two of us very often. We both missed Emily but it was also nice to spend the day together, just me and my mom! I don't think there was a quiet moment the entire way there, we had so much to talk about!! I am blessed to have a mom who is more then just my mom, but my friend. Love you, Mom!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Tera said...

I'm anxious to see what you bought. You do have a really sweet mom! I am so thankful for a wonderful mom too. :)

Chelsa said...

so which did you like better? bridgeton or mansfield? we are going this weekend. i can't remember which one we always go to. were their differences in two (like what they were selling?).

Sapphire Sweets by Emily said...

I liked Bridgeton better, its a little more crafty. home decor stuff I think. Mansfield has more commercial stuff. Both were nice but Bridgeton is my pick.

Anonymous said...

thankyou Mandy for being you! A wonderful daughter, wife, mother, and a wonderful friend! I am blessed! I love spending time with you anytime I can...next year WE ARE NOT DOING BOTH Mansfield and Bridgeton!!!!