This is one of her very special bedtime friends. This is really "mommy Baby aguar", she also sleeps with Baby Jaguar, "buggy", and 2 blankets. Yes, that is quite a collection. At night, we read "bown bear bown bear", I say "I see a red bird looking at me", Emily says "Wed bird, Wed bird whduice". It is the funniest thing. I will have to try to catch that on video. Then, we say our bedtime prayer, Emily ends with "Amen". Then, we sing "Twinkle, Twinkle", "Jesus loves me" and "Jesus loves the little children", then we rub noses, give kisses, say "I love you" and then I have to say "Good night, Buggy, Good night, Mommy Baby Jaguar" and so forth until I get to "good night, Emily, sleep tight!" Its quite a process!! When she comes downstairs in the morning or sometimes through the night, the whole gang accompianies her!"Buggy", is a lady bug. Grandma Patty bought for Emily soon after we found out we were having a girl. Buggy and Blankie have been through it all with Miss Em, even the hospital twice!
Some nights it is almost impossible and so frustrating to get her to go to sleep in her big girl bed, but I want to be sure to remember these special moments of singing "Jesus loves me" with my sweet girl and remember exactly how she says "I love you, mommy."One more special bedtime memory: When she REALLY does not want to go to bed and I leave her after our tucking into bed process, she will yell (very dramatically, I might add) "MY daddy, MY daddy!" She has her daddy wrapped around her little finger-off he goes up the stairs to lay with Emily. :)
As we speak, the whole gang is coming down the stairs and she is telling Buggy, "No". Better go see what Buggy did!! HAHA! Oh, now Buggy fell down the stairs and she is asking him if he is "ok, ok Buggy?" Sweet girl!
7 comments:
I believe Josie and Emily have the same exact bedtime routine! Also, I have caught Josie telling her baby NO in the morning before I go into her bedroom to get her...to funny!
Sooo cute! Those are Brynna's favorite bedtime songs too...and occasionally we have to throw a "Skinamarink" in there too. ;)
Sweet memories.
Great memories you will have of your bedtime ritual. I like the rubbing noses part. So cute!
How precious!! These are the things we are going to look back at and think about how great life is.
brycen has jaguar too... although he calls him "jagar" haha :)
he takes him to pre-school w/ him for nap time each day he goes! it's a soft little thing!
So sweet!
Post a Comment