Tuesday, March 17, 2009

WOW! What a beautiful day outside!!! Emily and I just got back from the park. We spent about 2 hours there soaking in this awesome weather. Several of us moms ended up at the park today...everyone is itching to get out and enjoy these nice spring days. Of course, Emily had a BLAST, running everywhere. The silly girl falls all the time but gets right back up and off again. Here are some pics of our park fun!



FLASHBACK: Look at my baby last summer swinging at the park. It is amazing how much they change in just 8 months.

More fun with the big girls at the park!



Last Friday night, we had some friends over for supper... Here is Emily and Sydney watching Hermie on the computer. Emily thinks she is big stuff!

Saturday, Emily and my mom and Alison went to Evansville. I had a return and an exchange to do. It was nice to go shopping with the girls, hadn't done that for a while.

Sunday we had a "small" small group at our house. Lots of sickness still going around. We missed you all.

Yesterday I had a meeting so dad and I decided to go early, eat breakfast at the Cracker Barrel and while I went to my meeting, he and Emily would go to Home Depot. Breakfast was delicious, of course! One of my co-workers was there and said something about "mommy and daddy" to Emily, talking about me and dad. One of those situations where I can't interrupt to say "uh, this is my dad, not my husband". This isn't the first time this has happened either.... when I was pregnant with Emily and was going to the MD every 3 days, one of the days my dad took me, ended up we were both dressed in yellow shirts and khaki shorts. We joked about the comments people were saying about us in the waiting room. So after yesterday, dad said anytime it is just the two/three of us he is going to start wearing a shirt that says "she's NOT with me". We were talking about the "breakroom gossip"... anyway, Emily was not impressed with Home Depot. She fell asleep sitting up in the cart. Dad said her head kind of went down and he thought she was watching her feet or something and he leaned down and she was pretty much asleep... too funny!

So that's what we have been up to, not much but enough to keep us busy!

I also have been keeping busy at church...

Our bible study at church continues on Thursday evenings. I was able to go last week and really am glad that I went. To be completely honest, I was a little scared to go and felt a little intimidated. I kept thinking all of these women are so wise, and me, I know a little.... I could feel the pressure of "she helped plan this bible study, so she knows a lot, or at least should know, that doubt within me.... The devil was really working on me. But, I went with the intentions of learning, and I did! The DVD series we are watching seems very good. I am sad that I am working this week and won't be able to attend. That is the good thing about this series is that if you miss a week or two or three even, you aren't ever "behind" because it is a new topic each week. Looking forward to going again soon and learning more and more!

We also had our first Coffee Talk; Grounded in Christ. It is an hour spent together with snacks and coffee (or tea if you are like me and don't drink coffee), we have a devotional and fellowship with prayer time. It was an awesome experience for me. I felt very uplifted and encouraged and was thankful for the ladies there! It was good to get to know people a better. I was also very excited that instead of every other month, we all chose to meet monthly... see it really is a "LATTE" fun! :)

I was sharing with my mom that even though I help with the women's ministry, I feel like I am the one who is learning and growing... although at times I feel WAY out of my comfort zone, I know God has a plan and I am "trying" to trust and soak in all the information I can and develop relationships with others and grow closer to God. I feel very blessed that He included me in this plan of women's ministry... so I will keep sharing what God is doing in my life and at our church. God is good, all the time!

Well, I am off to enjoy some more of the sunshine! Have a good day!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

all throughout scripture, I am encouraged by the amount of people who felt quite unequppied for the called God had placed on their lives. It helps me remember that although the task seems greater than me, the God inside of me is greater than the task!!

Keep it up, Mandy--God is using you to change women's hearts and lives :D

Sue said...

I really appreciate the work you have put in at Providence with the womens ministries! I was glad to see you at Cindi's and look forward to getting to know you better.

Patti said...

Mandy, I also enjoyed the Coffee Talk devotional and fellowship. I am looking forward to the next one!

Erica said...

Hey Mandy!! I love reading your blog and hope you dont mind I added it to my blogs of interest. This weather makes me miss softball and remember all the fun times we had especially before practice when you, emily and I would hang out!