Thursday, March 12, 2009

Updates... time sure does seem to be going by way to quickly!

So lets start with Friday, but not spend too much time there! :)
Well, Friday morning, Emily had her follow-up appt with Dr. Rogers. She was completely clear and all is well. We are just going to keep a close eye on her, especially if she develops a cold/runny nose/cough. Asthma is a consideration as well as an inhaler, but for now we are just ready for spring! However, Dr. R said that we would have to see how she did with spring/allergies...so I now own a nebulizer and have plenty of treatments, JUST IN CASE! Hopefully, they will sit up in the cabinet!

Ok, so Friday night, BR vs ND in Sectional. Tera does an excellent job of describing the situation. Of course, if you don't know about it, you should read, but if you already know, skip this so you don't get sick again! Even though the outcome was "controversial", my little cheerleader (YES, you heard me right, CHEERLEADER!) was pretty darn cute, I thought. :) So, here are some pics...

Saturday morning, I took Emily to get pictures taken with bunny rabbits! I think I might have been more excited about it then anyone else! :) We walked in to Mindy's new studio and there was Emily's picture on her wall... Mindy said Emily was her best cake eater! :) (Sorry, proud mama moment!) Anyway, if you want to check out Emily's pictures go to www.mgraber.smugmug.com, it is under Spring Special Saturday. Emily is the first 30 pics.

With Saturday being such a beautiful day, we spent some time outside. Emily LOVES to be outside. She was running from one end of the yard to the other, riding her four-wheeler up and down the driveway, throwing balls, chasing balls, just having a good time. When it was time for her nap, I brought her in and she cried at the door, pointing to go outside. We are going to have so much fun outside this spring and summer! I can't wait to go to the park! :) I think I have just as much fun as she does...

Emily and daddy having fun outside....

Saturday evening we took my mom out to eat for her birthday. Her birthday was Sunday the 8th, and I would tell you how old she is, but I would get in trouble! She would say, "Amanda Michelle" and I have learned to avoid that! HAHA! Anyway, we went to our favorite, Mi Pueblo and then came home and watched a movie. Happy Birthday, Mom/Grandma! We love you sooooo much! I love this picture of my mom and Emily....

Monday and Tuesday I worked... oh, for all you nursing friends... I put my first NG down on Monday, I have to admit I thought it was kind of fun. However, rookie moment.... I forgot to clamp the end of the tube before I put it down...YUCK! No more details for those easily disgusted by bodily fluids! HAHA!!!

Emily and I had a great day yesterday, just hanging out here at home. Emily has learned to give a kiss with an actual "smack" instead of the open mouth baby kiss. So yesterday, I was playing peek-a-boo with her on my lap and when I would "boo", she would lean in and give me a kiss! It was the most precious thing, I wanted to play that game ALL day long! :) Here is Em wearing my shoes around... too funny.

She was getting ready to take a nap but something caught her eye on TV... I love this picture with her little hands under her chin.

We are getting ready to go to lunch with Abby and Cale, can't wait to get my hands on that sweet boy! I have only seen him one time since he was born... didn't want Emily giving him any germs! Chinese, here we come!!

Oh, Random thought-a lot of you have wondered what program I use for editing pictures-I use Adobe Photoshop, I just bought and downloaded it off of their website.... hope that helps!

Have a great day, stay warm!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Lauren said...

precious pics!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Congrats on the ng! I totally get pumped with new things like that at work to, its weird. I think it must be adrenaline- bc a code gets be crazy. Not that I EVER want anyone to code, but it must be the adrenaline? We truely work in an amazing field! PS the pics are wonderful!

Brittany said...

Glad to hear Emily is in the clear. Meredith has been doing the same thing as Emily, crying at the door to go outside. I loved having some nice days, but I think the kids really realized what outside was and now don't understand that its too cold to go outside :( Thanks for posting your editing program!

Tera said...

Wonderful pics! She looks so cute in her cheer outfit! :) (You can borrow Brynna's for next year if you need it. It says 2T but it's on the small side.) Congrats on the NG!! yeah! Putting them in kids is not fun though. :( Glad to hear Emily is healthy...can't wait to see what yummy food you make on Sunday!!

Tara said...

I LOVE that last picture of Em with her hands on the coffee table. What a precious little girl! Did you teach her any cheers. I would be happy to teach her 2 bits!!!... Washington-style of course!

Ashley said...

Your little girl always seems to take such cute pics! She is too cute! Talking about NG tubes....I have done it...something neat to do once...but I hate it! I just feel so sorry for the person getting it. I would absolutely hate to have one...so don't come around me if I ever need one. haha.