Valentine's day: I actually worked on Valentine's day, but the week before Emily and I worked on some fun Valentine projects. This is me and Em getting ready to hand out our Valentine's. She has on her little heart pants with her shirt that says "I love my mommy"! Such a sweet girl!

This is what Emily made for Papa and Grandma. She colored a picture for them and then decorated a bag with stickers with "homemade" (haha) cookies inside! She made these for Papaw and Grandma, Aunt Brittany and Jon, Aunt Alison and Uncle Matt and Grandma-Great.
This is Emily handing out her card, picture and cookies to Papa.

Around V-day, I decided to make some edible play-dough, just to do something different. Well, Emily LOVED it, but not playing with it, EATING it! So that idea didn't work.... Oh well.
Thursday, February 12, Brittany's Senior Night: It's hard to believe that Brittany is a senior, she was just a 4th grader when Aaron and I started dating. She has grown into a beautiful girl that I am sooooo proud of! Emily thinks she is pretty special too, everytime she sees her Aunt Britt, she squeals!

Emily and her aunts!


Just playing: Just a few pics of Emily around the house... this is Emily sitting in her chair, eating lunch and watching Deal or no deal, she loves to clap with this show, it's so funny!

Eating lunch at her table...

What up?!? She has this new thing where she wears her "chains" around her neck and then puts on her toboggan. It's so funny. I told her she looked like a little gangster, HaHa!

Tuesday, February 17-Praising my Savior (PMS) club at church: You have probably heard me mention the PMS club before... It is a group of young adult ladies, ages 18-40 that get together, just for fun for different activities. It is through our church, but open to all.
This time we celebrated the month of February with The Chocolate Boutique, Indulge yourself in God's Extravagant Love. Really, what better way for the PMS club to celebrate the month of February then with Chocolate and God's Love! :)
I invited my good friend, Holly to come and share with us a devotional and song. WOW! She is amazing! I just love her, I love her honesty, her passion for Christ and His people. She and I became instant friends when she joined the night shift crew at TWH. She has been someone who pushes me, encourages me, and loves me. She is there to pray for me, laugh at me and even has the propensity to teach me new words! :) HAHA!
So briefly, Holly spoke about God's Extravagant Love for us, that it is sweeter than honey, "O taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8. She and her friends sang Casting Crowns, Your Love is Extravagant. Enjoy the video below(the videographer is an amateur, sorry). She will probably kill me for posting this, but it is beautiful.
Grandma-Great turns 80: G-G turned 80 Tuesday, February 24. Happy Birthday!!
Emily in the hospital: Well, my sweet girl ended up in the Pediatric ICU on Tuesday night. So here's the story. Sunday at church, Emily was fussy and just not a happy girl. We didn't even make it 10 minutes into the sermon... came home from church, took a nap (mom did too, with a migraine headache), once she woke up, she had a runny nose, just didn't feel real well. Sunday night could not sleep, cried and cried even with Tylenol and being held. I had to work on Monday so Aaron spent most of the night up and down with her, even though it was impossible to sleep well with my baby crying in the next room. So, Monday she was at Grandma's, a little more fussy then usual, still with a runny nose. Monday night, same thing, cried, couldn't sleep. At 3 am, I got up awhile with her, at 4 am she was coughing and needed a breathing treatment. I called work and told them I wouldn't be in and started the breathing treatment. The next 3 hours we went from the couch to the floor, to the crib, we tried everything to try to get some sleep. So, before 8:00 she already needed another treatment, she was breathing hard and coughing. So at 8 am, I gave another treatment. I called her doctor's office at 9:15 when they opened... they couldn't get me in until 4. I called back around 11 to tell them she is still having a lot of trouble and the breathing treatments aren't working, they told me to go ahead and give another treatment at 3 hours. So I did, didn't work. As long as I could keep her resting, she was still breathing hard but where I felt ok to keep waiting to see her doctor. At lunch time, she ate a few bites of mashed potatoes, I had got her to eat a cereal bar and applesauce that morning, but wasn't drinking anything. After lunch, she fell back asleep, again working hard to breathe but still feeling like I could wait just a few more hours... then she woke up, and was starting to get lethargic, looked awful, she was working so hard, pulling and retracting, using every abdominal muscle to get a breath. So, I went ahead and took her down. Sue went with me to try to keep her calm in the back seat. We got to the office and I went to the receptionist and said we are about 30-45 minutes early, but I couldn't wait any longer... once we finally got back to see the doctor, the nurse said "oh my goodness" and got a few vitals, the highest pulse ox they got on her was 86-87%, so she pulled Dr. Rogers out of the room and they started a double dose breathing treatment with pulmicort as well. Didn't do a thing! So off we went to the ICU.....
Once we got up to the floor- they immediately started her with breathing treatments, oxygen, monitoring her breathing, chest x-ray, IV, etc. She was on continuous breathing treatments and oxygen for the night.
This is Emily on Wednesday morning as you can tell feeling MUCH better. She had just got to take off the breathing mask and oxygen and was able to eat/drink for the first time since being admitted. Tigger and Pooh on the TV, she was feeling somewhat back to normal.

My sick girl. You can see it in her eyes.

Daddy reading Emily a book. She kept pointing to the sippy, saying "ba-ba" the night before when she couldn't have anything. Poor girl.

Wednesday afternoon, we were able to move out of ICU to the regular peds floor, where she got to be a little more free, wear clothes, etc. About an hour after we got over to that room, Emily got her IV caught and before I could get to it, she pulled it and out it came! Little stinker! Instead of restarting it, they decided to see how she would do... luckily she did great and didn't have to get another one. Wednesday afternoon and evening she was as hyper as could be... they said with all of the steriods and breathing treatments that her skin probably felt like it was crawling and my did she act like it! After a bath Wednesday evening, she was ready to go to bed (and so were we). We actually all slept good, considering sleeping arrangements (couch, cage and couch cushion on the floor). We had had the nurse and respiratory therapist the night before and luckily they came in and took care of Emily as needed. They would come in and I would lift my head and see it was one of them and back to sleep I went.
Thursday, she was doing about the same but well enough that they thought we could go home with breathing treatments, steriods and antibiotics. We were so glad to be home!
We meet with her Dr. next week to check on her and also discuss the possible root of these problems over the last month. They actually are considering asthma and/or allergies. I guess there was pneumonia that showed up, but not enough that should have caused this severe of breathing troubles/as much treatment that was required.
Emily, as I have said before, doesn't like the nurses or the doctors, she SCREAMS when they even walk in the room. So, of course, this adventure was so much fun. However, by yesterday she was getting the hang of things and letting them listen, looking at the stethescope, playing with the equipment. We got home yesterday and she grabbed my stethescope, listened to her "heart" and then threw the stethescope around her neck like the nurses did. She also was giving breathing treatments to all her stuffed animals, mommy, daddy and Aunt Al who dropped by for a visit, as well as checking her temperature and her animals, too. Too cute!
In the mix of all of this, she also got all 4 eye teeth, so I am sure that added to the irritability!
Thank you all for your prayers for Miss Em!
Short story: While Emily was in the hospital, she was asleep in her crib/cage. She popped her head up looked around the room and found Aaron and me, smiled and back to sleep she went. It was the cutest thing. On my way home with Emily yesterday, she was taking a nap and I was listening to the radio to an Evansville christian radio station... "Word of God Speak" came on the radio. When it got to the "please let me stay and rest in your holiness", tears started streaming down my face. I was so tired. I started thinking... from Emily's view. She could rest as long as she knew her mommy and daddy were there, she trusted that everything would be ok, the sweet smile knowing we are there, complete trust and faith in us. As a child of God, I too, can find rest and when I am not sure, look up and smile because my heavenly Father is always there to take care of me.
Love to you all, thanks for the prayers!
7 comments:
It is so bad when kids are sick! You feel so sorry for them. They are so small and helpless. We will keep you in our prayers!
praying for Em!
Your friend has an absolutely amazing voice. That was ANOINTED!
Love you!
So glad to hear Emily is feeling better, but I am so sorry I wasn't here for you last week. Wish I could have done something for you guys. Holly is a sweetie and what a blessing she is to you! You brought tears to my eyes with the last little story...I often forget about being able to rest in Him.
This was the longest pose ever!!!! Poor, sweet Em.... you can see the sickness in her eyes. Glad she is feeling better. Try and get some rest yourself!
So glad to hear Emily is doing much better. Poor thing. We were all concerned!
Hoping this week looks up!
I'm so glad she is better & home! I was asking your mom every day how she was :( Reminds me of when Alli Jo was in the hospital last year....so sad when you can't do much but wait!
Love the little story of her waking up and seeing you both & then going back to sleep :) Gives me chills.
Post a Comment