Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I took Emily to the doctor today and she is on her way to being a healthy girl again! She (Dr. Rogers) said it seems to be pretty much upper respiratory junk that's left and she should be back to her normal self soon. I have mentioned she hates going into the doctor's office, as soon as the nurse or the doctor walks in, she starts screaming... today when Dr. Roger's walked in she told her "bye, bye" and started waving. It was sad and cute all at the same time.

After Emily's appt., I was planning to run around and do some shopping while we were in Eville, however, since it was raining there, we came home. I didn't think getting her in and out of the rain would be a great idea after just having pneumonia. So, we came home, baked some cookies, YES, you did hear me right! :) I will be honest though, I bought the cute little Valentine swirl cookies, have practiced twice before today so that when Emily gives her cute little Valentine's out, her Valentine's won't be scared to eat the cookies! :) (Background Info: I love to cook and bake, but have NEVER been able to make cookies, not even NO-BAKE cookies! It has become quite the joke for several people, one year for Christmas, Sheila even got me a "cookie-themed" gift, just for fun.) I will tell you more about Emily's valentine's a little later, don't want to give away the surprise!

Grandma Sue, Alison and Brittany came over on Saturday around lunch time... they brought Emily a new book and some stickers. Emily LOVES stickers! She also has a new thing about putting on other's shoes, so she wanted Britt's shoes, she thinks she is big stuff!

Emily has this little spa bath tub and she was starting to get too big for it, but I just never got rid of it, well I finally did. This is Emily taking a bath like a big girl! She loves taking a bath! Splashes and splashes! She is really starting to pick up words and tries really hard to repeat after me, it was so funny, last night she had pooped all over, everywhere (mean ol'antibiotics) and I was yelling from the bathroom for "Aaron", then Emily yells Aaron in her own little version. It was so funny! Some other words she is working hard on.... sock comes out more like "gock", duck, comes out more like "dock", she loves to say "na, na" when I say No, No! It really is amazing how quickly they learn things. I forgot to mention, she has these crayons that she colors the tub with, you can see her drawings in the picture, well I turned my head to talk to Aaron for a few seconds and she had eaten the crayon. I got most of it out of her mouth, she is eating or trying to eat everything. The other day she was going through my purse and got a penny, put it in her mouth, luckily I got to that too. Silly girl!


Aaron and I went ahead and gave Emily her Valentine's day gift early, since we were home on Sunday and I am off until the weekend... Emily found her gift and wanted to see what was in it...

We got her the Kisses Elmo, I love him :) and so does Emily... he blows kisses when you put his hand up to his mouth and then when you press his other hand he says "you're Elmo's sweetheart, Elmo loves kisses," and more. So cute!

Giving Elmo a ride on her 4-wheeler!


Well, that's a little update on us right now. BTW-Aaron has had all of the cold, respiratory stuff too, so far I am staying strong! :) I will be sure to post again soon, I have more things to tell, but need to go right now! Have a good day!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I think it is really cute when kids start to talk and the words come out funny:) Sounds like she is at that age where she wants to try EVERYTHING! I remember eating chapstick...hey it smelled good. haha

Greta said...

Glad to see Em is feeling more like herself. It feels good to finally get everyone in the house back to health!

Be careful what you say now that she's repeating you...you never know what they'll pick up on!

Lauren said...

Those tub pictures are so cute!

Jamie Truelove said...

as long as she doesn't repeat things in church...you're ok...glad she's feeling better...

Tera said...

Glad to see little Em is feeling better! Looks like she and Elmo are instant friends!

Lisa said...

I had to smile when you said Elmo blows her kisses. Kylee's first baby doll was Baby Apricot. When you squeezed her tummy, she blew you apricot smelling kisses! Kylee loved that baby! Thanks for bringing back a mommy moment for me!