Thursday, January 8, 2009

Although the holidays are fun and busy all at the same time... and it was nice having Aaron home... I have to admit I am kind of glad to get back into the routine of things. My poor house is a disaster, finally today I am starting to catch up, but still have a lot to do. Emily is back to taking GOOD naps, instead of those "just enough to get by". Which is why I get to update you right now! :)

Yes, this is what used to be my office, but as most of you know for some reason, I have never liked this room... I also don't like the clutter of toys so I combined the two! Emily now has a play room and the toys don't have to be in every single room of my house!

Well, check out this big girl eating her very own "mini" sub, yes, she ate almost the entire thing!! Last night, we went to Mi Pueblo where she now gets her own plate, Cheese Quesidilla, Rice and Beans and pretty much eats most of that. I tell you this so you can guess her weight..... Emily had her 15 month appt. on Monday.... 3 months ago she was 19 lbs. 3 oz. Any guesses???

21 lbs. even! STILL in the 25% of weight! With as much as she eats and the fact that I have had to buy her bigger clothes, I thought sure it would have been more then that... Dr. Rogers isn't concerned, she says she is doing well, growing consistently. She had to get her shots, too. She is at the age now that she knows... so she SCREAMS!!! So, that wasn't fun for either of us but just part of it I guess. It was so cute though, Dr. Rogers was saying that between now and 18 months she should start knowing body parts, so my mom said "Emily, where's your belly?" Em points to her belly, then mom goes through "your eyes, your nose, your hands, your feet..." Emily points to her nose, her eyes, holds up her hands, then sticks up her feet in the air and giggles and claps." I am not sure who was more proud, Me, Grandma or Emily! It was funny! Oh and watch out because in the next 3 months she is supposed to double her vocabulary! :)
We ALMOST have enough hair to have pig tails! Couldn't resist.... however, you can tell in the picture she is not thrilled with me messing with her hair!

Oh, one more thing, I am really excited about. Aaron and I are getting a new mattress.... we have been complaining about our current one for a while now and keep talking about getting a Tempur-pedic... we finally did. We ordered it last night and should be in next week! YEPEEE! It will be nice to sleep on a nice even bed with no hills or valleys! (Pillow top mattress, that has worn down where we sleep, very uncomfortable).

Well, that about sums it up! Hope everyone is having a good day!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Looks like she's growing to me! I wouldn't worry about her weight. Ayla is 20 mo and 24 lbs, too. They'll just be peitite lil girls :) Hopefully, we'll see you again at playgroup sometime?

Tera said...

Emily will fit right in with her friends at church...Brynna and Emma are little ones too. Brynna weighed 20-5 at her 15 mo...can you believe that?! (Emily seems smaller still though since she's longer.) You should be proud of your Emily- smart little thing!! :)

Anonymous said...

Karson weighed in at a wopping 25 lbs. at his two year check up ... Lillie is at 35.. they are always 10 lbs. apart.. . I seem to have light children too, (didn't get it from their mamma!)

Chelsa said...

Brycen was a lightweight at his 4 yr. ck up too :) long and skinny, makes it hard to find pants- thank goodness for adjustable waist bands!

We also got a new mattress, our old one had done the same thing and was TERRIBLE! We got our new one about 6 weeks ago or maybe a little more but I've been loving it ever since!