Monday, November 10, 2008


Basketball season officially begins today... Em and I are on our own until spring! :) Every year before the season starts, the team goes to church together and then we all eat at the Hughes' house. We did that yesterday. The food was delicious! Makes a good start to the season.....

Way to go BR Volleyball girls! State Runner up! Aaron and I went Saturday to watch the girls in the State Finals. I just love the game of volleyball!

Emily is sick today. Last night she started running a temperature. When I took it at 8:30, it was 101.0, so I gave her some Tylenol and put her to bed. She slept really well and then this morning her temp was 100.9, so more Tylenol, last I checked she was down to 99.8. She is taking a good nap right now. She doesn't act like she feels bad, not fussy , still eating really well, peeing, pooping, etc. She has slept just a touch more then "normal" but I can't really figure out what is causing her temp. Is it too early for more teeth?? She will be 14
months on the 20th. I guess she could be cutting first molars, but that would be a little early, I think...... We'll see how she does the rest of the day.... hopefully she'll be better soon!

Here are some pics last week of Emily playing out in the yard.... I was trying to get some good fall pictures of her in her overalls, but she wouldn't stay still.



Ok, so what exactly is FACEBOOK all about???? I now have an account.... my mom said she had a facebook account, so I thought if even my mom had one, I needed it too! I have no idea what the idea is behind it.... Any insight blog buddies???

Photobucket

8 comments:

Jamie Truelove said...

I swear Em didn't catch anything from my kids! We are 100% healthy right now...She could most definately be cutting teeth...Ava always had teeth way earlier than expected. And...always had high fever...every tooth...I think that's what happened a couple weeks ago...was cutting 2 molars and 2 front teeth (permanent). Facebook? All I know is that Dr. Phil says it can get you arrested!

Leah Robinson said...

I hope Emily gets to feeling better :) Oh and welcome to facebook! The ultimate social networking!!!

Tera said...

Sorry to hear Emily isn't feeling well. It could definitely be her molars. 1st molars typically erupt around 12-16 months (lowers usually first). She could get her eye teeth (canines) soon too. They usually erupt between 15-20mo. (again usually lowers first). But, you know how it is, all kids are different. Little Brynna still hasn't gotten one of her canines and she's almost 26 months...and definitely hasn't gotten her "2 year molars."
Yep- Alex has his 1st game tonight. I can handle being married to an elem. bball coach...not sure how I'd handle the high school coach though!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Hopefully, Em gets feeling better soon. Ayla got her molars before she turned one! So it could def be that. But, Id think she'd be a little squirmy? Otw, there has been some things going around here!

Anonymous said...

Networking for the "older folks".

Anonymous said...

Mandi, Both my kids ran high fever this past Thurs. Fri, And Sat. I took Karson to the doc. Thurs. and he said nothing wrong, just the THING that is going around, so don't be surprised if she just has fever on and off. It wiped karson out when he had fever, but when he didn't you wouldn't know he was sick. Lillie was throwing up with hers, she was a little worse than Karson, his only lasted about 24/36 hours. Lillie's got up to 104.5
Hope emily gets to feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Mandi, Both my kids ran high fever this past Thurs. Fri, And Sat. I took Karson to the doc. Thurs. and he said nothing wrong, just the THING that is going around, so don't be surprised if she just has fever on and off. It wiped karson out when he had fever, but when he didn't you wouldn't know he was sick. Lillie was throwing up with hers, she was a little worse than Karson, his only lasted about 24/36 hours. Lillie's got up to 104.5
Hope emily gets to feeling better.

Guatmama said...

Facebook? I don't really know either, I had to have it b/c my SIL had it. Don't really know what to do with it, I like blogger better...