Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas is just around the corner...

Can you believe that Christmas is less than 3 weeks away? This year has gone by so quickly! Emily and I were going to run around and get some things done in town today, but it was soooo cold and windy. We just stayed inside, wrapped a few Christmas presents, picked up the house, worked on Christmas cards and just played together. She really is learning so much, so much more curious... she loves to swing and on the side of her swing, I put a little butterfly toy. She "talks" and smiles to that butterfly, has a good time swinging and "talking". It is so cute!

Aaron and I both have colds... I hope we don't give our germs to Emily. We have been washing our hands like crazy and using the Purell each time before we touch/hold her. I would hate to get her sick.

I get email devotionals each day and today's was about "A Simpler Life". We all get SOOO busy during this Christmas season. It was talking about scheduling yourself based on God's purpose for your life, not just stuff. This is the last sentence, "In the long run, the donation of your life will count far more than the duration. In other words, it’s not how long you live – or even how much you cram into the length of your life – it’s about how you live, according to God’s purpose for you. " I just thought that was a good thought, and I wanted to share. Have a great day!

No comments: