Saturday, July 10, 2010

Ha Ha! Sorry, all I could get that STINKIN' DROID (my husband's) to do in the hospital was post the subject and then I hit a button and it posted "HE IS HERE"

So, HE IS HERE and now home. Eli Andrew Ash arrived Wednesday, July 7 at 3:35pm weighing 7 pounds, 3 ounces and was 19 inches long. After my last delivery/experience with Emily I was a little nervous about this time. However, things could not have gone any better! My co-workers had us spoiled, the room was decorated so nice, snacks including plenty of Dr. Pepper :) and gifts for both Em and Eli. My labor was started that morning around 7am when Dr. Foster broke my water and they started pitocin. Around noon-ish got my epidural... At 2pm, Foster checked me and I was 5cm but at 3pm, I was complete and pushed just a little bit before meeting Eli. He is a content little guy only crying when it's time to eat or getting his diaper changed. He is a champion at eating!

Emily has been head over heels in love-sometimes a little too much! ;) She loves giving him kisses and says so many funny things... "Oh, he's so precious!", "he likes me", "look at those cute little feet, nose, mouth (whatever body part she chooses)"... She wants to hold him ALL the time and is always willing to help mommy with "baby brother".

I will try to post pics soon but for now just wanted to give you a little more then "He is here!" HAHA!! Thanks to all of you who have prayed for us, we have been so blessed with a healthy, happy baby boy!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Tera said...

I'm so happy you got to experience a "normal" labor and delivery and was able to bring baby home after 48 hours! What a blessing! Enjoy every moment because before you know it, he'll be following big sis around the house, repeating everything she says! :)

Ashley said...

I am happy that everything went much better and you are already home!! I bet loving every minute it and Emily is just so sweet!

Jessie said...

So happy for you, Mandy! I'm sure he's precious and I can't wait to see some pics!

Chelsa said...

so happy for you guys!!
can't awit to meet mr. eli!

Krista said...

I am so happy for you and so anxious to meet him!!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you and your sweet family.. can't wait to see him!