Well, Emily is feeling a lot better. It took some energy out of her for awhile even after she was feeling better but is now back at 100% and going strong.
What is it about a hotel that when you are a kid you think you can jump on the furniture? Seriously, you don't go to someone's house and start jumping but for some reason in a hotel you think its ok... Well, Emily had a blast at State Finals (more fun in the hotel!). We (me, mom and Emily) went to stay the night before, did some shopping and just hung out. We had our game Saturday morning (Good job, Vikings)

and then stayed for the first half of the 2A game due to Emily needing a nap.
Then we went to The Spaghetti Factory for a delicious lunch and off to the mall for a little shopping and more visiting. We went from the front row at the 1st game to the balcony at the Washington game-and I don't do well with being that high-so after a small panic attack... Emily, mom and I spent the 1st quarter in the lobby watching both the Butler game and the Washington game on the TV's. We happened to sneak in on one of the ends for the remaining part of the game. Did you hear Aaron Ash was at the game....My mom and dad, Aaron and I took Emily to the Children's Museum over Aaron's spring break... We figured she would LOVE the dinosaur museum. Of course, she did! My little 2 year old nerd (I say that with love!) was walking through saying "Look, a brachiosauras!, an ankylosauras!" She knew all the names of the dinosaurs... it was so funny.
We looked through many of the others too but dinosaurs were her #1 FAVORITE!
After our day, my dad told her she could pick out a dinosaur from the gift shop to take home.... her little arms were full of not one but four that she couldn't decide between. I told her to put one back-stegosaurus went back but then she couldn't decide between the other three-so spoiled little thing- Grandma Patty bought her one, Papa bought her one and Daddy bought her one! She LOVES them and sleeps with them (among many other "favorites") every single night. On the way home she was "feeding" her brachiosauras... and I asked what triceratops liked to eat. Aaron looked it up and said "Herbivore"... Emily says, "you say, Herbivore, right!, Triceratops eat plants." We all just laughed.
One more funny Children's Museum story- We went to the planetarium for an Elmo/Big Bird star show... thought Emily would love it but it was a little too dark for her so dad, mom and I enjoyed the show while Emily and Aaron were in the lobby! :) But before that while we were waiting for the show to start....Emily is sitting with my dad. To the left of him is a family with 2 little kids. Well, the parents have several tattoos and piercings and the dad has a mohawk. Emily couldn't figure it out and kept looking at them, then looks very seriously at my dad and says, "oh no-his hair stuck!" My dad was trying to hide his laughing, mom and I were laughing! It was so funny!
Wednesday of Spring Break, Aaron, Emily and I enjoyed a little time at the park.

I worked on Thursday and was supposed to work Friday but due to low census was able to be home with Aaron and Emily. We dyed Easter eggs (although they didn't turn out great-because I didn't read the directions!-Emily didn't know, she thought they were "sooo pretty!) just enjoyed being home together.
1 comment:
ohh i'm so laughing at what em said about the guys hair! hilarious!
does she watch dinosaur train on pbs? b loves that show- he is into dinos too. i'm sure it sounds even cuter coming out of her mouth with that little voice!
Post a Comment