Friday, July 31, 2009

Catching up!

The root of our busy, busy, BUSY, summer!
Our new house...
The front.


The back.

We moved in May 16. We have done some remodeling, lots of painting, and lots of cleaning, organizing, and de-cluttering! More to come on the house!

The week after we moved, Britt graduated!
This is one of the most precious pictures, I LOVE it! This is Emily with Grandma-Great. We were decorating the fellowship hall while Grandma-Great kept Em entertained. So sweet.

Emily with "Bit and Non" (toddler talk for Britt and Jon). She loves these two people like crazy! This summer she has been with Jon a lot more and now she thinks that Britt and Jon can't be apart.

Emily and her aunt Brittany at graduation!

Uncle Matt causing trouble! :)

The next weekend Aaron and I took a vacation with some friends to Las Vegas!


Having fun outside with Mamaw. Emily loves sidewalk chalk! She really loves to do anything "OUT" (outside). She says "out, pwetty pwease!"

Mamaw has ALWAYS wanted a bug-the next best thing, she got Emily a bug! I am not sure who was more excited Mamaw Sue or Emily!

Taking a lawn mower ride with dad.

Fathers Day: Daddy and his girl! ( a girl not thrilled about getting her picture taken)

June is always a big month for our family. My mom and dad celebrated their 31st anniversary on the 17th, our anniversary is the 18th (4 years for us), Pat and Sue celebrated their 33rd anniversary on the 19th. Include father's day in there and Aaron's birthday on the 29th, that's one busy month with lots of celebrating!! :)
Daddy at his birthday party!

Emily enjoying spaghetti! Silly girl!

Doing dishes with Grandma Patty.

Emily loves "mimming" (toddler talk for swimming!) Here are a few pics of swimming with Aunts Alison and Brittany. We also went with Tera and her girls to Splash park. Emily had a blast! She kept saying "Mimming with Baylee and Bynna" (No r's when Emily talks) It was a little chilly for the girls, Emily and Braylee were shivering but kept on going, poor little Brynna didn't want to get wet because she was cold. We ate lunch at the park and then went to play on the "horsey mings" (horse swings) and "lide" (slide) until nap time was way past due for all three girls!

After splash park, we all had VBS at church. I have taught the last couple of years but was ready for something different. With my friend Krista, we co-led the kitchen and recruited (ok, so we just signed them up without them knowing!) some experienced kitchen workers, her mom and my mother-in-law. Alison and Mary Jo H. also helped! We had a great week and lots of fun!

Well, that brings us up to mid-July (minus the house details)! I guess I will get caught up completely soon (including our Destin vacation!).
Photobucket

6 comments:

Chelsa said...

good to see some pics of miss emily! her hair is getting long!! she is way too cute :)

Lauren said...

She's really growing up on you!

Brittany said...

glad your back! This is the only way I feel like I can stay caught up with you guys :) I can't wait to come see your house now that you have been working on it for a few months!!!

Guatmama said...

Glad you are back! House looks cozy...

Tera said...

Yeah! Even though I know what you've been up to the last few months, it's still fun to see all of the pictures! :) I'm glad you are finally getting settled in...just in time for Aaron to go back to work! Can't wait to see your vacation pictures!

Greta said...

There once was a blogger named Mandy.
Oh what a treat her posts had been
Til one day her blog was put on hold
Now I'm left to just remember when...

A polite request for more posts. Thanks.