Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wow! I have some updating to do.... For Easter, we stayed in to get Emily back to health. There are several pictures....


Last Tuesday, Emily went to the doctor for a follow up appt. Her lungs were clear and she was pretty much back to her old self. We are adding a breathing treatment every night to our bedtime routine as a preventative measure. Hopefully that will keep us out of the hospital! Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers! Emily is back to her spunky self!

This week has been busy with prom decorating. Aaron is one of the junior class sponsors, so we have been at school a lot getting prom ready. The kids have done a great job and worked hard to get things done. It looks really nice. I will post pictures of prom later.... can't wait to show you my dress! Actually, I did spend $21.10 to get new shoes and a necklace. Total Splurge! :) HAHA! Prom is viewed much differently when you are "my age". I have felt really old this week with all of those kids, one even called me Ms. Ash! I still feel really young, I forget that they look at me as "Old"! Emily went up with me one afternoon for just an hour or so. She was so cute. One of the guys had a basketball that she was playing with, then all of the boys were bouncing the ball, dribbling around her, she was LOVING it. Then, one of them took the ball to the other end, and off she went with her hands out and that scowl to get the ball back. Kara was there too, I think Emily ate half of her pizza and chips, little piggy!

In my "free" time (whatever that is) I have been trying to get some boxes packed so we can be ready to move. I got my attic completely clear... I am still not sure exactly when we are going to be moving, it could be next week, or it still may be a few weeks away. This week's focus is prom and then we will get back to the house stuff next week. There is SOOOOOO much to do, it is a little overwhelming. I haven't been sleeping well at night, I guess just because of the stress. However, yesterday Emily and I took a nice long nap. I slept for 2 1/2 hours! Emily slept for 3 1/2! Much needed rest.... Anyway, more info to come on our house stuff soon!!

Although things are CRAZY here and very up in the air (you know how much I love that) like I have said before and try to remember it is "fun" stress. What a whirl-wind!!

Back to miss Emily, she is repeating words like CRAZY! She can saying "Barney" and "Bop" (thanks to mamaw! :) ) "Mandy". Alison has been trying to get her to say "Yummy in my tummy", she will repeat everything and try to say what you say except "EMILY", I say Emily, she says "Baby" Little stinker!! Oh, she also has sat on the potty a couple of times! No, we aren't trying to potty train yet, but every once in a while she acts like she has to pee, then walks me to the toilet, so when she does I let her sit there. We also bought a "Mel-mo" (that's elmo) potty book just to start gearing up for potty training. Fun! Fun!

Well, that's an update on what's going on in our world.... Looks like the weather will be nice the rest of this week! Enjoy!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

looks like em still had a good easter, despite having to be inside!

have fun at prom! hehe. i forget that the kids look at people our age as "old" too! when i coached the7th and 8th grade cheerleaders at p.c. they acted like i was ANCIENT! haha. i still feel so young!

hope your packing goes well!

Tara said...

love her & her little phrases! I want to see a picture of you & Aaron on your front porch before prom!