Thursday, September 4, 2008

I think we all know the word BUSY! It seems like the world never stops and we or at least I, feel like I sometimes just can't keep up. I was scheduled to work 4 out of 5 days and thought at least 1 of them I would get called off with it being over a holiday. Instead, I kept getting called in and then working late, not what I had planned. Tuesday I was supposed to be off when at 5 am my phone rings to say otherwise and ended up working 2 hours over (12 hour shifts are long enough). Wednesday I was supposed to be off when 9:30 my phone rings to say otherwise. Anyway, I admit getting called in didn't make me real happy... on my way to work on Wednesday, I thought to myself, you know I can make this day what I want it to be. I can either be in a bad mood all day or I can just enjoy the day I have been given.

Well, I have a confession... sometimes when I get so busy, I forget to spend time with God. I go, go, go all day long and then am "too tired" to study or read the Bible... we all know the excuses and we all know that when we forget to put God first, that is when life seems to be spinning out of control. Well, on my way to work Wednesday I decided to put in a CD and sing my little heart out. (I normally don't sing loud, and I am TERRIBLE) I came to the song, "My heart, your home" WOW! I have always loved this song, always loved singing this song, but I had never really related the song to my life in the way that I did this day.

You see, I have been cleaning my house, de-cluttering because like I said in my last post "I hate clutter", trying to get my windows clean, you know those "fall" cleaning projects... I also have painted my office which I talked about last post too. When I thought about God making a home in MY heart, WOW! What about the "junk" that is in there that needs to be cleaned, I bet God hates clutter too! Just in my office alone, I painted, cleaned the woodwork, scraped the old paint off and conditioned the woodwork, dusted everything, vacuumed the carpet and cleaned the windows, but have I taken the time to dust and vacuum my heart, cleaned, scraped the old off, and conditioned my heart to be a heart after God? I got a new fall season welcome mat for the front door, do I continually welcome God to make my heart his home or do I forget to change the welcome mat for God? Just a little challenge to myself to continually welcome God into my heart, everyday, all day and to make my heart a place where God wants to make His home.

Just another glimpse of my heart. Thanks for listening!

Here are the words to the song, "My heart, your home"
CHORUS: Come and make my heart Your home
Come and be everything I am and all I know
Search me through and through ‘Till my heart becomes a home for You

CHORUS
A home for You, Lord A home for You, Lord

Let everything I do open up A door for You to come through
And that my heart would be a place Where You want to be…

CHORUS
You are my portion, filling up everything

You are the fortune, that’s causing my heart to sing
That it’s amazing… That You could make Yourself at home with me
CHORUS


Enjoy today!
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

Mandy

3 comments:

Guatmama said...

What a great reminder, we all need to declutter and make room for God!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Wow! I know this very feeling. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes we just need to stop and check in with God.... make sure our priorities are straight! I needed to read this...

Tera said...

Thank for the wonderful reminder!! As I was reading your post, I was picturing you driving down to Eville just a bopping your head to the music!! :)