Sunday, September 21, 2008

Emily's 1st Birthday!

Well, it is hard to believe that my baby is one year old! After the birthday party last night, Aaron and I were sitting on the couch and he asked, "What is your most favorite memory of Emily over the last year?" I couldn't pick just one! I have SOOOO many wonderful memories of her first year. I just have an absolute blast with her at this stage, though! I laugh, giggle,tickle, run, play, read books, all day long with her and LOVE every minute! I love to see her try to say the words I am saying and really develop into a little person of her own. There are good things and wonderful memories at each stage... (I hope I can say that in several years when I am the mother of a pre-teen/teenage daughter) :)HAHA!

Anyway, onto the PARTY!!! Well, I found a Strawberry shirt, so the theme became Strawberry Shortcake! I made taco soup, chips and dip and sandwiches for supper and then cupcakes and ice cream for dessert! I don't make cakes all that often anymore, but I loved making Emily's 1st birthday cake- a strawberry shortcake hat! She loved the strawberry icing, which you will see from the pictures. She got a lot of fun presents... We got her a little kitchen with play food, a fridge DJ (she loves being in the kitchen with me), a farm/barn set and a couple of books. I found a book called "Night, Night Emily". She also got LOTS of books which is GREAT because she LOVES books, a puppy (stuffed), clothing, blocks, a rocking chair, a cinderella chair, RR crossing piggy bank, money, dairy queen dollars, a pair of Nike Shox and an "Emily" sippy cup (from her Aunt Al), and lots of good wishes and lots of love!!

It was a great day, I am so glad the rain held off until we got everything cleaned up and indoors! I will be sure to post a slideshow of birthday pictures soon!
Photobucket

No comments: