Thursday, September 25, 2008

Emily had her one year old doctor appointment yesterday. She had to get 3 shots! :( She weighed just over 19 pounds (25%) but was almost 30 inches long (75%). Tall and skinny!! So, since Emily did so well at the doctor's office, we split some ice cream! :)

So, GET THIS... In the mail I got a FREE one day pass to Sam's club. So, I thought I would go check it out, check on prices of diapers, etc. Well, I get to the check out and my FREE pass was going to cost me 19.31 if I wanted to buy what was in my cart. And the check out guy says, "for only 20.87 you can be a member for the entire year." (me) "If I wanted to be a member I would have paid the $40.00 at the membership desk. With my FREE one day pass, I figured it would be FREE for today." (cashier) "uhh, yeah me too, let me go check."..........(cashier) "to purchase anything you have to pay the $19.31, BUT for ONLY $20.87 you can be a member for the year." (me, not real happy after I have wasted an hour of my time) "Paying $19.31, kind of defeats my purpose of coming in here, to save a little money... and if I wanted to pay the $40 for the year membership, I would have done that when I walked in the door. I don't want any of this stuff." So, take note, if you get a one day pass, just throw it in the trash! Good marketing plan, I do have to say, but what a JOKE! I wasn't really all that happy when I left. I went in mainly to see what "deal" I could get on diapers.... it was ONE CENT per diaper cheaper!! (Yes, I am a nerd and had it figured per diaper!) So, that was my Sam's Club experience!

Well, I wanted to post Emily's weight and height from yesterday before my little monster wakes up! :)
Enjoy today!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I have a Sam's Card that I hardly ever use, so if you want to you can borrow mine. Assuming that is allowed. Don't want you to have TWO bad experiences there!

Tera said...

Glad to hear Emily had a good appt...and sorry to hear about your Sam's Club experience. I guess I'm a nerd too b/c I've figured out the price per diaper too. If I remember right, the ones I buy are 13 cents each. ;) Funny about Em's size. Brynna was about the same size at a year...19-4 and 29.5 inches, but Brynna definitely seemed a lot chunkier than Emily...proportioned differently I guess.

Lauren said...

Rough times. Pretty sure Sam Walton is rolling in his grave right this minute.

Jamie Truelove said...

Diapers are crazy at sams...however, I do buy wipes, clothes, and a lot of cleaning supplies there that are much cheaper than the stores..I've had a sams card for over 5 years and usually do well there, but you do have to b careful...there are obvious rip offs...Mandy...you can use my card anytime you want...still can't believe em is a year old!