Alison and Matt just celebrated their one year anniversary on August 4! Happy Anniversary! I am so thankful to have a sister-in-law/"roomie"/best friend like Al! :)

I was around 7 1/2 months pregnant.... On August 6, I had to go in for an ultrasound because I (my belly) was measuring small. My doctor was out of town until Wednesday. Wednesday when she got back to work, I was working. She came down the hall to tell me she was putting me on bed rest immediately. Also, that I would need to see the specialist ASAP. I was so shocked, so scared. From there I would spend 5 weeks on bedrest at home until finally my blood pressure was 189/116 and I was hospitalized for 4 days before delivering. The longest 6 weeks of my life (bedrest) seems so long ago. This last 10 1/2-11 months have been the fastest of my life. Although bedrest seemed like absolute torture... I have a beautiful, precious little girl who is strong and healthy. I am so thankful for her!!!
Emily in the NICU. Little, but mighty!
She is SO BIG now!! :) And I am SOOOO thankful! :)
Mandy


3 comments:
What a precious post. I can't believe she's almost a year old. I wish I were home more to see her grow "So Big"! Can't wait to see you!
I think that is such a great story-what a witness to the power of God is His healing hand.
Amazing to see the perfect little girl that came after those long 6 weeks. ;) I also think it's neat that you didn't get the US until AFTER Matt and Alison's wedding. God knew you'd be devastated (and worried) if you missed their big day. Love the new pictures you took of Emily in her chair.
Post a Comment