Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Special post for My dad!

Wow! What a special dad I have! I know not everyone can call their dad a friend, I'm thankful I can. I am so blessed to have a wonderful dad! I have always been a daddy's girl. I think that's why I love seeing Aaron and Emily together. I know what a special bond they are forming, one that only a dad and daughter can know. My dad has been everything to me. "What makes a dad" poem on the sidebar describes my dad so perfectly. I look back to all the little things dad did.... I remember getting a post-it on my car that said "I believe in you and I love you" when I was doubting myself. I remember a very special "just because" card, so many of the extra little things that have meant so much. This is a very special verse in our family. Dad has always been the tower of strength but he taught me his strength comes from God... Dad has taught me so many lessons, I will never stop looking up to my dad...It is funny to think of different stages of my life... in high school my friends always loved "Marty", he was the funny one, always cracking jokes and laughing. Then when a boyfriend came, he was the "MACHO MAN". At least he didn't scare Aaron off!
I can tell you one thing, I may be Daddy's girl, but MY little girl, well, she is going to get whatever she wants from her "PAPA". He is so proud of her and loves her to pieces and I wouldn't want it any other way!
I could go on and on about my dad! I think I might have the best dad in the world, of course, Emily's daddy is a very special daddy, too! :) Happy Father's day, Dad! I love you.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that your dad with the bandana and big hair in the middle? Wow--- you need to get some of those to me for the newsletter! Nice post and I am sure it does Marty's heart well to read this.

Anonymous said...

Mandy, I enjoyed your post. How sweet! I just wanted to let you know we are not going to make it to the play date tomorrow. Lillie is going to Bethel Bible School this week and it is in the morning, and Karson has a well baby checkup in Jasper at 3:00. We were looking forward to it, you'll have to keep us updated on were you're going to be next!