Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!! (My First)

Well, I can't say I pictured a cold, rainy, yucky day for my First Mother's day, but I must say I am SOOOOO blessed with a beautiful, happy, healthy baby! What more could I ask for?

So yesterday that beautiful baby who is sometimes now "my little monster", figured out that when she was trying to take a nap and while I was putting some of her clothes away, she could pull her bumper down to see me....


Last night, Emily and I went to New Hope's Mother/Daughter Banquet with my mom. I won a prize for "Youngest Mother". I won a plant and an energy bar for the times to come. The food was delicious! Shelby, the youth minister's wife, spoke and did a good job. She talked about motherhood being a ministry/mission. We had a good night!


Emily and I matched! We had a really cute little outfit on, but 10 minutes before it was time to go, she had a "blow-out" and it was everywhere, including her outfit. So, we changed and ended up she was matching with me. It was kind of cute!! We were laughing about her being a typical girl, changing clothes 10 minutes before it was time to go!! HAHA!

I had planned to post a nice long letter about my Mom. Well, I didn't get to it, but THANK YOU, mom!!! My mom is the most wonderful person, she has a heart of gold and would do anything for anyone! I love her so much and am so lucky to have her not only as "mom", but as one of my very best friends! Here are a few pics from previous Mother's Day's and then one of Emily (one week old) and "Grandma"!!


Well, Emily got me a Boyd bear with a little girl and her mommy (I had previously bought and put in Aaron's drawer to give on Mother's day!) :), but her and her Daddy had wrapped it and then I got cards from each of them along with an hour massage from Wanda that Aaron says I have to use THIS WEEK! I guess he thinks I seem a little stressed/tense! :) I do LOVE massages!

Abby, Emily's babysitter, gave me a framed picture of Emily. It is soooo cute. She has been taking a lot of pictures and I think is planning to open her own photography business. Emily helps her "practice" and they made this for my First Mother's day.

Today, we went to Grandma Ash's house for lunch. Here is a picture of Grandma Ash and Emily and then the next one is of Anita, Emily, Marijo with Becky and Tom's kids, Addy and Landon. Those kids are so cute!

Well, to all of you mothers, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! Enjoy your day!!
Photobucket

No comments: