Thursday, December 10, 2009

Busy

That probably explains most people's lives at this time of year.... wow! I can hardly keep up sometimes! Everyone keeps asking me if I have my Christmas shopping done, and yes, normally by this time I do besides a few last minute items.... NOPE, not this year! Actually, I have a few things for Em (she's easy) and a very small collection of gifts for others. I can't get my act together this year! Oh well! It will get done. :)

There is so much to tell but I will just tell a few quick stories on Em. Last Friday, I (and my mom got to come too!) took Emily to the library for toddler reading time. Emily went right in, not shy, not scared (helped that some familiar playgroup friends were there too) but then...... BUBBLES!! "Mommy, mommy, bubbles care (toddler talk for scare) me" It took a little while after the bubbles were put away that she stopped holding onto me for dear life, but eventually went back to the front with friends and enjoyed story time, snack and a gingerbread man craft. Then, we enjoyed lunch with Grandma Patty at Pizza Hut!

Emily is not wanting to go to sleep at night.... which causes a lot of frustration around our house. However, the other night Aaron and I couldn't help but laugh at her. Here she comes down the hall saying "Tip toe, tip toe, tip toe." She was really sneaking down the stairs!! HA!

She also talks more and more every day, I really didn't think that was possible a month ago because she talked a lot then, but she talks ALL day long. She was whining and I said "Emily, what's wrong?", her reply, " I just, I just, I just need my dapi" (AKA paci) and at church she was upset that she couldn't sit with Brittany, Alison and Matt behind mommy and daddy for the sermon and said, "Mommy, I just love Bit" (aunt Brittany). Every thing is "I just."

Emily loves the story of Noah... she was looking at my coke can one day which had Santa Clause on it and said "mommy, look Noah Clause!" So, we have a little confusion sometimes at our house between Noah and Santa!! She likes to read the story of Noah and Baby Jesus, but it has to be from MY bible. She is so funny saying words... "Becklaham" is where Baby Jesus was born. Just makes me giggle! :)

Ok so a few quick stories for you, but sorry no pictures. Off to make some supper!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

HA. Too cute. Hope she starts sleeping soon. That's not fun. Ayla says "tiptoe, tiptoe, tiptoe" sometimes too. I think its from an episode of Mickey (her fave). SO CUTE.

Ashley said...

I love the things kids say!! Good luck Christams shopping...I just finished yesterday. It usually takes me a while b/c I always have to shop around before buying a gift for someone.

Chelsa said...

love hearing the stories about your little cutie! they crack me up!

hope she starts sleeping better- that's NO fun!!