Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Well, after much frustration, anger, and maybe a little "talking" at my computer... I got everything to work, except my camera. So, I borrowed my mom and dad's camera and come to find out, it is my camera that is the problem. UGHHHH! So, I am camera shopping now I guess.

I went to work yesterday, took me two hours to get there after a hang up just by our house... then two hours and 45 minutes to get home. Unfortunately, my dad ended up coming to pick me up in Petersburg, because I was slipping and sliding all over the place. What a day, as if a 12 hour work day wasn't enough, I added almost 5 hours of driving time on! I guess my tires aren't in too great of shape which didn't help matters and so I am also tire shopping...

I knew Emily would like to get out in the snow and play a little, although I figured it would take me longer to get her bundled up then the time she would play outside. Most of you know I hate winter, so I don't have boots, good snow gloves, or anything and of course I like to say I am "frugal":) and won't buy a $40 snow suit, $15 snow boots that Emily will wear once or twice, so we made due with what we had! :) So, Emily got all dressed and put on her fancy shoe coverings-Target bags! She had fun for a bit, but the snow was just too deep, she could hardly take a step without falling. Here are some pictures of our snowy day...


Have a good day!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Krista said...

That's awesome!! I'm right there with you on the idea of not investing a lot in snow gear. I also have to say I thought using Target bags was genius, and they coordinate so well with her outfit!! I'll have to remember that one next time. ; )

Tera said...

Add me to the frugal list! :) Braylee's snowsuit is a $1 yard sale find!! I'd be happy to let Emily have it when Brynna is done with it. We used to put plastic bags over our feet and then stick them down in the boot/shoe so our feet didn't get wet. It works!

Tara said...

The the target trash bag idea. What....? You, not like the snow? I don't remember anything about that?? :) I think miss Emily just needs a snow playmate and maybe she would stay out longer - i think mommy needs to get dressed and get down in that snow with her! :)

Jamie Truelove said...

It takes us 45 minutes to get dressed to go outside and we're usually out there for less than 30! But its so much fun!!!