Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Our love story!

Happy Anniversary!!
It is hard to believe that 3 years ago today was our wedding day!
So, here is our “L O V E” story….
It was my junior year of high school (2000) when I met Aaron for the first time. I had gone to a football game with a friend and was excited to meet my best friend’s new boyfriend…. Aaron. Tara had told me so much about him!

Aaron had just started college at the University of Evansville. Through Tara we got to know each other and became friends…. Then, Tara broke up with Aaron (although he says he broke up with her!) We continued our friendship… talking on the computer, emails and so forth. So, finally in January, I knew I liked him, so I went over to Tara’s and asked her if it would be okay with her if I “hung out” with Aaron. You have to understand the history here… Jess, Tara’s husband and I had dated before Tara and Jess started dating and she had done the same, she had asked me what I thought about her and Jess hanging out, so I returned the “courtesy” if there is such a thing when you “switch” boyfriends and asked what she thought.

On January 14, 2001, Aaron came with me to a youth group gathering and we’ve been together ever since! I discovered Aaron loves to twiddle his thumbs that night, and to tell you the truth….it drove me crazy! To this day, if I see him twiddling, I hold his thumbs down!! (Picture-Summer of 2002)

July 12, 2004, Aaron proposed to me (Home Run Derby on TV) in the middle of my parent’s living room. I had never seen him so nervous!! I, of course, said yes and began planning for our wonderful wedding.

June 18, 2005- Our wedding day! What can I say, it was PERFECT!


(Picture-Our house. Summer/Fall 2005)

September 20, 2007 The day our beautiful baby girl was born (ESPN’S PTI on TV, by the way, this is the show I hate the MOST). Emily was born and my husband, turned “Daddy” was in love with that little girl from the second he saw her. Anytime we couldn’t find Aaron at the hospital, I said to go look in the NICU and of course, he was there by her side. I love that about him. He is a wonderful daddy! (Picture-Bringing Emily home from the hospital 1 week later)
I include what sports shows were on only because it is a joke between Aaron and me! Remember, I did marry a SPORTS FANATIC and COACH! So, with that comes a lot of ESPN, sports, etc. Luckily, I grew up in a household that also had a SPORTS FANATIC who controlled the remote, so it is something I am used to! Still, I have to give Aaron a hard time for including sports in some of our life’s biggest moments!

So, in a nut-shell that is the “history” of Aaron and me! I am so blessed with a wonderful, loving husband and thank God for him each and every day! I fell in love with his LAUGH and love hearing it everyday as we journey through this thing called “LIFE”. Happy Anniversary to us!!!
Mandy

6 comments:

Susie said...

Congratulations Mandi & Aaron. Thanks for sharing your story. I was curious how a Barr-Reeve Boy met the WHS girl. (Les & I are the same). God has created a beautiful family in you all, may you have many more years of happy and fun times and may it glorify God! BTW you baby is beautiful...I just can't tell you that enough!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow doesn't time fly by. You two are great together and I wish you many more years to come!

Andrea said...

Congratulations Mandi & Aaron. That was so cute how you shared your story and I enjoyed it very much! I wish you many more years of happiness.

Andrea

Tara said...

Happy Anniversary! I never get tired of hearing the story of how we "switched" guys (and stayed best friends through it all)! For the record, I did the breaking up! I remember like it was yesterday... but I must say that was the hardest breakup I ever had. You have such a wonderful sweet husband and I respect him very much. Your love is truly special and I know you will have many more happy years to come.
Love, Tara (and "your" former bf Jess) :)

Guatmama said...

What a wonderful tribute to your love for each other. I love it when 2 people are so in love!

Shannon said...

Mandy! I have read your blog now a few times and LOVED this post! It is good to hear such a sweet love story... the best to you both!