Thursday, March 27, 2008

Vacation!

We are back from vacation. We got in around 11 pm last night after a long day of driving.

Emily did so well on vacation! I am so proud of her. She was a little out of sorts...especially toward the end. I think she was just tired and ready to be home and back into her routine. I also think she might be working on cutting some teeth, but I am not sure. She didn't eat very well and she was more fussy then usual, but it was so hard to tell because we were out of a routine whether it was just that or if there really is something going on. She slept so good last night in her crib, as a matter of fact we all slept good!!

I am working on getting pictures up. You know me, I took a lot!! Check out the photo slideshow (when I get it up to the website).
So, let me tell you a little about our vacation....Well, first of all Aaron's entire family went.... Pat, Sue, Aaron, me, Emily, Alison, Matt and Brittany. We left Thursday night and drove through the night, arriving in Destin Friday morning. Emily slept the entire way until about maybe 1 hour before Destin. Sue ended up sick with a migraine and fought it the entire day. She decided to sleep it off that evening while the rest of us went out to eat at an Italian place called Carrabbas. It was so good! When we got back to the room, Sue was feeling better and ready to start her vacation!!

Saturday, while the guys went golfing, the girls went to the beach!! It was beautiful! The weather was terrific. My little girl, well, she just doesn't like to miss a thing. There were soooo many people on the beach, so she couldn't just sit under the umbrella. Once I took her for a walk on the beach, she was fine. She just wanted to be able to see what was going on! Silly girl! The boys said that they had seen enough sand for the day (I guess it was a rough day at the course) :) and so we were off to SHOP!! Destin had a really nice outlet mall. Emily got tons of clothes... a lot for next winter and spring. Couldn't pass up the deals! I got shirts for her for $1.99, $2.99. It was great!! Then we went to Pompano Joe's to eat. This restaurant is right on the beach, windows open to the ocean, tropical music and seafood.... Aaron made fun of me... I am not a big seafood eater, but you all know I LOVE mexican so I got the Coral Reef Nachos, topped with guacamole, salsa, sour cream, nacho cheese, black beans, and Shrimp, scallops, and gulf fish. Seafood, Mexican style!! As we were walking out, we saw dolphins swimming out in the ocean. Of course, I loved that!! Alison, Matt and Aaron and I went to check out Destin that evening.... we went to a place called The Village of Baytowne Wharf. It was a pretty neat little place. There was live music playing in the center... lots of restaurants and specialty shops. I bought some salt water taffy and Alison got 2 HUGE chocolate covered strawberries at a little candy shop.

Sunday, the Easter Bunny came all the way to Florida for Emily's 1st Easter. Sue made pancakes and scrambled eggs for breakfast...it was kind of a lazy morning... Then that afternoon, we all went out to the beach for a little while. Late afternoon we went to a mall, Destin Commons and then ate at Fudpuckers. Kind of a neat place.... they had an alligator farm outside... Check out this tongue twister on one of their shirts....Don't say it too fast!! Then, we came back to the beach to get some pictures... We got some, but it was SOOOOO windy that we decided to try the photo session another time. I did get a few good pictures of Aaron and Emily (the wind doesn't bother their hair!) and I got a few good pictures of the sunset.


Monday was a much cooler day outside. Aaron, Alison, Matt, Brittany and I went back to the outlet mall for some more shopping. Emily stayed back at the resort with Grandma and Grandpa. That evening, we went to Baytowne Wharf and ate at Jim N' Nick's BBQ. It was DELICIOUS!!! My favorite!! They started us out with some cheesy cornbread that was SOOOO GOOOOOD! Then I had a pulled pork sandwich and a loaded baked potato. Aaron, of course, had ribs! They, too were SOOOO GOOD! It was so chilly when the sun started going down that after a few pictures, the girls went to Target and Kirklands and the guys went to check out some golf stuff. Then we went back to hang out at the resort.

Tuesday was also a chilly day(high of 64). Emily wasn't acting like herself. She was up through the night, wouldn't eat, fussy, just not herself at all. Her and I hung out all day at the resort. I did go out to the beach for a walk while Alison watched Emily. That was nice. The guys all went golfing for the day and Brittany and Sue went out to soak up as much sun as they could on our last day in Florida. Before we went to eat supper, we tried out the photo session again. We got a few good ones, but couldn't stay out too long, because it was a little chilly for Emily. This is my favorite of our family...

We went to Carrabbas again for supper. And don't think just because I was on vacation didn't mean I was going to miss The Biggest Loser!! So, we all watched the show that evening before packing and getting ready to come home. By the way, I am glad Dan got voted off!!

That's it! It was so beautiful there, so nice to get away! I have to admit, though, it is nice to be home!
I do have to tell a funny story.... Emily has learned to "spit". She sticks her tongue out and "spits". Well, we stopped to eat at a Cracker Barrel on the way home yesterday for supper. I was changing her diaper and putting her in her jammies in the bathroom there. An older lady walks in and says "oh, don't you look pretty in pink", and what does MY daughter do?? She SPITS! I was trying so hard not to laugh, but I just couldn't help it!! That's my girl!!
After several loads of laundry and unpacking, we will soon be back into our routine.... with more Emily stories to come!!
Photobucket

No comments: